• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI Ombudsman Complaint over Delay in Closing IDFC CC in TU CIBIL

saurabh0412

TF Buzz
Hey Guys

As the topic suggests, I filed an RBI Ombusman Complaint against IDFC First Bank over Delay in Closure of my CC.

Here's the Flow of Events:
June 23 - Card Closed.
July 23 - Bank said they need 90 days time to close card on CIBIL.
Dec 23 - Raised grievance with CIBIL over closed card account after paying for latest cibil report.
Jan 24 - CIBIL says Information reported by Bank is correct
Mar 24 - Wrote to Nodal Desk on this issue. Got an automated acknowledgement with a Case Number. No response thereafter.

Till date, no one got back on that case. Hence finally filed RBIO Complaint on Sept 4th 2024.

Then I just mentioned on Social Media (X) following a post over IDFC not following RBI guidelines, on which IDFC was quick to act upon and resolve my issue.

Now, after speaking over compensation, they are saying that they held an investigation and found that Bank had reported to the Bureau timely but there was an issue at the Bureau's end, due to which I am not liable for compensation.

I demanded 15k compensation (Rs 100 * 150 days) but they are offering only 5k.

I understand that if it is bureau's fault, then will the bureau be liable to pay me the compensation?

Should I accept and close RBIO Complaint or deny and let the RBIO Complaint proceed at its pace?

Help appreciated,
Thanks!

Back