• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI OMBUDSMAN POWER

Sahilmiya

TF Buzz
Hello community

I had 10k maintenance account with kotak mahindra bank due to some reasons i didn't maintain the balance and bank started imposing charges and made total ₹11,210 negative in account

I made the general complaint to the bank via Twitter and they said this is valid charges and can't be waived off
IMG_20230410_015341.jpg

I had read the technofino post about same with AU bank and decided to complaint via RBI OMBUDSMAN

After complaining the next i received call from my branch manager and explained him that i want to use my account and asked to waive off the charges

IMG_20230410_020032.jpg

And yes after 7 days the charges are completely waived off

Hello community

I had 10k maintenance account with kotak mahindra bank due to some reasons i didn't maintain the balance and bank started imposing charges and made total ₹11,210 negative in account

I made the general complaint to the bank via Twitter and they said this is valid charges and can't be waived off
View attachment 13881

I had read the technofino post about same with AU bank and decided to complaint via RBI OMBUDSMAN

After complaining the next i received call from my branch manager and explained him that i want to use my account and asked to waive off the charges

View attachment 13884

I'll have to so same soon

I did not maintain in my kotak from last 2 years and they have not imposed any charges in negative still, but deducting money if I deposit there, is there any way to waive off the charges? CC said total of 6900 charges.

I did not maintain in my kotak from last 2 years and they have not imposed any charges in negative still, but deducting money if I deposit there, is there any way to waive off the charges? CC said total of 6900 charges.
They don't show negative balance to us, but they mark balance in lien means every time you deposit it will adjust to that

To waive off charges make complaint to them regarding waiving off charges, say them you want to use account

They don't show negative balance to us, but they mark balance in lien means every time you deposit it will adjust to that

To waive off charges make complaint to them regarding waiving off charges, say them you want to use account
Raised request on twitter, and they accepted the request and told me that I'll get the charges waived off in 3 days and deducted amount excluding gst will be reversed too. Will it work like that?

Attachments

• IMG_20230417_153815_853.jpg
    IMG_20230417_153815_853.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Raised request on twitter, and they accepted the request and told me that I'll get the charges waived off in 3 days and deducted amount excluding gst will be reversed too. Will it work like that?
Yes , check again after 3 days by calling customer care for status

They had lien on me about 11,210 for non Maintenance and 780 for debit card charges

They waived off all the charges, Same will be with you 😃👍

Hello community

View attachment 13881

View attachment 13884

Can you please tag the au Bank related post as well?

Yes , check again after 3 days by calling customer care for status

They had lien on me about 11,210 for non Maintenance and 780 for debit card charges

They waived off all the charges, Same will be with you 😃👍
I've just checked 991rs is refunded which were debited in june and july in 2021, will call customer care today to check the lien amount. If it's removed then will start using it again.

I've just checked 991rs is refunded which were debited in june and july in 2021, will call customer care today to check the lien amount. If it's removed then will start using it again.
Also on calling customer care number they are converting it on solo account (zero balance maintenance)

I have also converted my account to zero balance

Also on calling customer care number they are converting it on solo account (zero balance maintenance)

I have also converted my account to zero balance
I don't know what's wrong with my account, they agreed to downgrade to zero balance and took consent from me. Sometimes later again called me and told that my account is 811 digital maintanence account and can't be converted to zero balance online, I need to visit branch for that! But my account is Edge Savings account. Don't know if they're fooling me or it's right. What's your view on it?

I don't know what's wrong with my account, they agreed to downgrade to zero balance and took consent from me. Sometimes later again called me and told that my account is 811 digital maintanence account and can't be converted to zero balance online, I need to visit branch for that! But my account is Edge Savings account. Don't know if they're fooling me or it's right. What's your view on it?

If you can visit branch then visit them, branch will also convert the account to zero bal

Need to travel 98kms for that 🙂 I opened this account in my college days and now regretting 😢
Ouch.. then you must take little fight over phone banking customer care 😂

Login to internet banking and view whats your account type, it will be displayed under account information

My was kotak edge savings account and they did converted solo with single call

Attachments

• IMG_20230418_180814.jpg
    IMG_20230418_180814.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 46
Hello community

View attachment 13881

View attachment 13884

bro can u tell me the detailed process please tell me hear or dm

Ouch.. then you must take little fight over phone banking customer care 😂

Login to internet banking and view whats your account type, it will be displayed under account information

My was kotak edge savings account and they did converted solo with single call
It's showing 811 edge there 🫡, but the guy who opened my account is saying they had opened Edge Savings, I'm totally confused

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230418_204657.jpg
    Screenshot_20230418_204657.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 25
Back