• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL Bank account closure

manishtaneja90

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I want to close my RBL Bank account. I am trying to raise a request through customer care and they are stating that you have to visit branch only for closure but branch is too Far from my place. Is there any way to close the same online it self.

What if i withdraw all amount from my account and don't do any thing in that account.

Last edited:
Solution
Usually banks will allow you to close your accounts once they receive duly filled and signed account closure form, unused cheque leaves and your debit card associated with your account. I closed my Axis account in the pandemic and even though my branch is a 20m walk from my house, they didn't let me visit the branch and they themselves recommended I courier them all the mentioned documents above. Within 24 hours of receiving my postage, they closed the account.
I want to close my RBL Bank account. I am trying to raise a request through customer care and they are stating that you have to visit branch only for closure but branch is too Far from my place. Is there any way to close the same online it self.
Except payments and neo banks, in-online ac clossure not possible.

Usually banks will allow you to close your accounts once they receive duly filled and signed account closure form, unused cheque leaves and your debit card associated with your account. I closed my Axis account in the pandemic and even though my branch is a 20m walk from my house, they didn't let me visit the branch and they themselves recommended I courier them all the mentioned documents above. Within 24 hours of receiving my postage, they closed the account.

Solution
Yes I did same with HDFC. You should inform your branch manager/staff before sending it. Else it will be laying in their table.

You should have curioured them yourself.

Back