• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL bank credit card transaction related issue

Fini7777

TF Ace
Contributor
Hi, My friend has recently made his university admission fee payment using my RBL Bank World Safari credit card
The fee is $75 + $2 service charges (he said)
But RBL guys processed the $75 and declined the $2 service charge. I've never seen this type of transaction decline before
The transaction status is "in process" in the unbilled transaction for the last 3 days
total $77 should be completed for successful completion but here the university has Not accepted the payment(showed "u have insufficient funds to complete payment")
I am not aware of int transactions much so, I would like to know from u how I should proceed further.
Will I get a refund from the bank or the university?

My friend sent an email to the university but did not get any reply from them as of now

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-09-09 at 15.39.25_8d1c7971.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-09 at 15.39.25_8d1c7971.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 23
Contact support and request for reason. And then try again it will work. And btw, any failed transaction refund within a week, no worries.
I did, but they said that the transaction was approved and could not be refunded again and the $2 was declined due to security reasons
they should have declined $77 but why was $75 approved and $2 declined
The transaction status is still "in process".

I did, but they said that the transaction was approved and could not be refunded again and the $2 was declined due to security reasons
they should have declined $77 but why was $75 approved and $2 declined
The transaction status is still "in process".

why they declined small but allowed big, its upto the bank.

anycase, your solution lies with support only. Only bank people help you here. Find another agent by dialing again.

why they declined small but allowed big, its upto the bank.

anycase, your solution lies with support only. Only bank people help you here. Find another agent by dialing again.
Yes called again
Actually the transaction is in process and hasn't settled yet
So, either it should be processed or failed if failed i am happy I will get the refund, if settled I have to reach out to merchant for refund

Back