• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Re-balancing & future value tool

mohitd

TF Buzz
Hi,

I am doing SIPs in multiple MF as a ritual on month on month basis. I also increase sip when possible and also in addition buy some MF unit even I feel market is down. My main aim is to build retirement funds along with funds for purpose such as child marriage, education etc.

I need help in following areas:

1) there are lot of talks on various platforms for re-balancing. I do not have enough expertise or time for the same. Is there any automated tool which can advise on rebalancing?

2) most of the sip calculator tell the future value basis certain sip amount or advise on sip amount basis target value. Is there any way I can know the future value of my current MF portfolio if i countinue with same sip and assume same XIRR as of existing portfolio?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I am doing SIPs in multiple MF as a ritual on month on month basis. I also increase sip when possible and also in addition buy some MF unit even I feel market is down. My main aim is to build retirement funds along with funds for purpose such as child marriage, education etc.

I need help in following areas:

1) there are lot of talks on various platforms for re-balancing. I do not have enough expertise or time for the same. Is there any automated tool which can advise on rebalancing?

2) most of the sip calculator tell the future value basis certain sip amount or advise on sip amount basis target value. Is there any way I can know the future value of my current MF portfolio if i countinue with same sip and assume same XIRR as of existing portfolio?
1.Check out dezerv wealth monitor app.
2.Try putting in your pf value to calculate future value

mohitd

TF Buzz
1) Tried Dezerv but it not quite satisfied...any alternative

2) for the other query, I am looking for any tool / application which can retrieve my current MF portfolio and can calculate it's future value with assumption that there would be no withdrawal, same SIPs would countinue and overall overall XIRR would remain as currently of the portfolio.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
I hope you are a long-term investor, minimum 15+ years. Then don't worry too much by looking at your portfolio every single day on what has changed. Choose a rebalancing day and do the rebalancing once a year on that day.

On how to do rebalancing, first, decide an equity allocation you like. For example: 70% large-cap, 20% mid-cap, 10% small-cap. Then start monthly SIP on funds that satisfy those allocations. After a year, those allocations in funds would have changed since different caps perform differently. Say their total value/composition with profits now becomes 50% large-cap, 30% mid-cap, 20% small-cap, you will rebalance them by taking out of small and mid-cap and putting it in large-cap again. Have a debt fund if you want to throw the excess. That's about it, rebalancing is a once-a-year process.

SIP calculators work based on assumptions. Markets will behave irrespectively, calculators cannot predict what can happen next. Irrespective of what happens focus on what you can do, which is increase your monthly SIP, yup that's the only thing we can do. So do that whenever you get the chance. Just when you start getting near your goal, start transferring small portions from your equity funds to debt funds to avoid the risk of a sudden crash on the goal year and portfolio taking a big cut.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For point 2, you need a Net Present Value NPV calculator with assumption of returns and inflation at the minimum.

Check value research online whether they offer it for paid subscription.