• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding HDFC Millenia Cashback limit

souvikr

TF Premier
We know that HDFC Millenia CC has a cashback limit of 1000 cashpoints per cycle and also cashbacks are credited at the end of calender month.

Lets say my statement generation date is 13th of each month and I have spent 20k on 10th Jan and again 20k on 15th Jan at some 5% category merchant,

Can I expect 2000 cashpoints on 31st Jan as both the spends are done in different billing cycle?

We know that HDFC Millenia CC has a cashback limit of 1000 cashpoints per cycle and also cashbacks are credited at the end of calender month.

Lets say my statement generation date is 13th of each month and I have spent 20k on 10th Jan and again 20k on 15th Jan at some 5% category merchant,

Can I expect 2000 cashpoints on 31st Jan as both the spends are done in different billing cycle?
i think the answer is yes @D₹V help needed

You answered it yourself:

Cashpoints are credited for transactions in a Calendar Month.

So, you'll get 1000 Cashpoints only.

1000072448.png

Billing Cycle: 13th

1. 10th Jan Spent 20k - Cashback 1000 - to be credited on 31 Jan
2. 15th Jan Spent 20k - Cashback 1000 - to be credited on 31 Jan.

[Note that both the transactions fall in different billing month]

So on 31 Jan 1 should get 2000 cashback right? Cashback is capped by billing cycle, not by calender month.

This is my understanding, but need confirmation from others.

That cashpoint per cycle term... Here cycle means calendar month. So only 1000 for you for the month of January.

Change your billing date to 2nd of every month to make it easier for u.

So on 31 Jan 1 should get 2000 cashback right? Cashback is capped by billing cycle, not by calender month.

Capped by calendar month bro. So only 1k for him.

As shrewdoc explained, only calendar month is considered, billing cycle is irrelevant.

I have had a doubt for a while though. Are the limits for 1% and 5% separate? Can you spend ₹20000 at Amazon and ₹100000 at an offline store in a month and get ₹2000 cashback? The terms aren't clear on this.

As shrewdoc explained, only calendar month is considered, billing cycle is irrelevant.

I have had a doubt for a while though. Are the limits for 1% and 5% separate? Can you spend ₹20000 at Amazon and ₹100000 at an offline store in a month and get ₹2000 cashback? The terms aren't clear on this.
5% upto 1k cashback on Selected merchant
1% upto 1k cashback on offline and emi spend
Total 2k cashback every month

Forget billing date, keep transaction date only in mind and do the calculation. For spends you make from Dec 1 to Dec 31, the cash points accumulated will be provided in the statement on the date whatever your next billing comes in Jan (even if it is 28th). Then for spends from Jan 1 to Jan 31st, cashpoints will be provided in 28th Feb's statement and so on.

To avoid this, I set my billing date to 2nd of every month (and came to know that HDFC allows only once per customer to change the billing date 💀)

If 20k use in smartbuy then how much cashback from Millenia cc
Read here 👇

Back