• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Relevance of Forex Cards during International Trips

kumarvishwas

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey Guys,

I am travelling to Singapore this weekend and was in hunt for a Forex Card for general daily spends there on a weeks trip.

But most of the people I checked with having knowledge of Cards denied taking Forex cards and advised rather to use Credit Cards.

Now I own few cards as listed below(hotels/attractions already booked using Magnus), please suggest if I should use any of the below cards or opt for a quick forex card from HDFC(have a Imperia savings account) or BookmyForex(Offered for 0 as booked hotel using MakemyTrip) :

1. Magnus(2% forex markup fees) : Milestone completed
2. IDFC First Wealth(1.5% forex markup fees) : Running a 10x points offer on International spends
3. HDFC Regalia First : Someone recommended to check for Global Value Program

Require your suggestions on which card to opt for or use, majorly it is my first trip abroad so worried if credit cards might attract heavy forex and exchange charges with low usable bonus/ER points.

TIA…. :)

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
How is the conversion rate of amex and dcb with gvp.. I intend to use them for Thailand trip
Use RuPay JCB Card in thailand - 25% Cashback -

RuPay JCB Card - 25% Cashback on USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam

SuperKnight

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Use RuPay JCB Card in thailand - 25% Cashback -

RuPay JCB Card - 25% Cashback on USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam

Unfortunately i am not able to get anything instantly