• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Revive SBICard account

psmangat5

TF Premier
Hi. I had SBI BPCL card with 2.46 lakh limit, I closed the card, but the account is still showing in SBI Card app as I have another Prime card. Is there a way I can revive this account and get a new card as limit for Prime Card is very less (64000) ?

Hi. I had SBI BPCL card with 2.46 lakh limit, I closed the card, but the account is still showing in SBI Card app as I have another Prime card. Is there a way I can revive this account and get a new card as limit for Prime Card is very less (64000) ?
Paaji so jaao, ek peg lagake🥂

BTW, normally to nhi ho skta. But, it's never harm in trying. So do drop a mail to thrice of them.

Paaji so jaao, ek peg lagake🥂
tenor.gif

Exactly, it doesn't look possible, but my friend and I had a really good recent experience with the SBI Nodal Officer, so if he's lucky, he may get it.
Good experience in what ?? Re-instating closed cc or something else. Pls elaborate more

Curious to know how someone can happy from SBI NO/PNO 🤔

Once closed, it can't be revived. You need to apply afresh. It will be treated as a totally new application (unconnected to the closed one).

Despite being a staff member (Pensioners are treated as staff for certain benefits), I too had to go thru the same process when I had closed SBI PayTm VISA and wanted to take SBI PayTm RuPay.

And, even closed cards will continue to be displayed in the App. You can't supress it.

6k charges were for?
My friend, who was unaware of credit cards, got scammed by an SBI agent. She gave him an SBI Prime Credit Card, telling him it was a lifetime free card and would not incur any charges, which he accepted.

He never used that card, but after 3 months, his SBI bank account got debited for around 6K rupees, which included a joining fee, late payment fee, payment disowned fee, interest on late payment, and GST on all charges.

I wrote a single email on his behalf to the SBI Nodal Officer, and everything got refunded without missing a single penny.

My friend, who was unaware of credit cards, got scammed by an SBI agent. She gave him an SBI Prime Credit Card, telling him it was a lifetime free card and would not incur any charges, which he accepted.

He never used that card, but after 3 months, his SBI bank account got debited for around 6K rupees, which included a joining fee, late payment fee, payment disowned fee, interest on late payment, and GST on all charges.

I wrote a single email on his behalf to the SBI Nodal Officer, and everything got refunded without missing a single penny.
Guess he was really lucky, I was also scammed by an agent for Pulse. Had to fight a lot for FYF.

They have refunded a charges of 6K with a single email.
Similarly, my brother's SBI Cashback Card's recent statement showed two 12K transactions, but he actually did only one, and the other one was a duplicate (possibly due to a server glitch). I emailed the SBI Nodal Officer, and they replied that it's refunded.

I am surprised. I was expecting a long 2-3 month fight to get the refund by raising a chargeback but it got refunded in two days

Last edited:

What happened later to that Prime card ? Closed or FYF or LTF or still active

Before closing, you should ask for the limit shift between these two cards
Your total limit should be 2.46+.64

You still have a leverage of 3lakh in there system. you may ask for the limit extension upto this amount.but they may or may not provide.
From there system in some months (not within 3 months atleast), Sbi already do this by providing you limit extension in some amount but in stages one by one.

you can reactivate within 3 months of reactivation, othwerwise fresh application if 3 months exceeded. Its already mention in there FAQ

I already do this with my closed card in Jan, 2024,
Reactivate in Feb, 2024 when I change my mind to close the yesbank 5 year old card who provides nothing instead of sbi

Last edited:
Before closing, you should ask for the limit shift between these two cards
Your total limit should be 2.46+.64

You still have a leverage of 3lakh in there system. you may ask for the limit extension upto this amount.but they may or may not provide.
From there system in some months (not within 3 months atleast), Sbi already do this by providing you limit extension in some amount but in stages one by one.

you can reactivate within 3 months of reactivation, othwerwise fresh application if 3 months exceeded. Its already mention in there FAQ

I already do this with my closed card in Jan, 2024,
Reactivate in Feb, 2024 when I change my mind to close the yesbank 5 year old card who provides nothing instead of sbi
Recently they've not been allowing to reactive account. Even Nodal officer told its not possible to reopen closed account.

can you try with twitter agent or again connect the same
As per sbi terms, it can be reactivated easily. show them too

Reference

Another

I have done this in Feb, 2024 by connecting social media team (as not possible to connect with sbi cc directly when account is closed if this is your single card ) and there is still no terms and conditions or FAQs update

here is my reactivation message, so its possible, some agents might do not know there own products well or they need to update recent terms & FAQs, twitter agent ask me to feed the otp on ivr itself to reactivate

OTP to request for Re-activation of your Credit Card ending XXXXXX is XXXXXX. OTP is valid for one attempt or 10 mins only. Do not share it with anyone - SBI Card

Back