• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reward points stopped in icici coral rupay

I am checking from past 10 days,no reward points are credited for upi transactions with icici coral rupay credit card(earlier i used to get 2 points per 100rs transaction).
Is this same for everyone?

Solution
I am checking from past 10 days,no reward points are credited for upi transactions with icici coral rupay credit card(earlier i used to get 2 points per 100rs transaction).
Minimum Transaction value of Rs. 2,000 is required to get Rewards as of now ...
This was like this for the last few months..
Yes, earlier it used to provide RPs for less than 2K transactions also ....

Last month statement...of my Coral Rupay CC..

1718889263557.png

agrprashant

TF Select
VIP Lounge
FinTech Founder/Co-Founder
Yeah, I used to use UPI on RuPay credit (those I who were not accepting CC) but I saw they were earning pitiful points and often not no points at all. Switched to cash instead.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

1718889263557.png

Last edited:
Solution

Trust Me

TF Ace

Did they just decide that it was unnecessary to notify customers?!

Last time I used the card on UPI a few months back they were still awarding RPs for anything > 50 Rs.

So not going to use that card on UPI anymore.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Did they just decide that it was unnecessary to notify customers?!

Last time I used the card on UPI a few months back they were still awarding RPs for anything > 50 Rs.
To be honest, I really dont know and dont care also
as I basically believe all ICICI core cards are for offers, not for spend rewards..
Emeralde is for non spend based benefits.. APay is purely for AMZN purchases...

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
For me reward points are showing for 200 rs transaction as well
Yes, it is showing for the current statement .. but once statement gets generated I think those are disappearing.. this is my guess..

Please check in your last statement and see if the RPs are there or not....

My current statement..

1718892510134.png

Last edited:

agrprashant

TF Select
VIP Lounge
BY paying CC via HDFC Platinum DC ..( for example) ...
Frequency/amount of transaction too low to be significant enough for cognitive load (whether merchant accepts RuPay on credit or not, transaction not going through, etc.).

I didn't find it worth the effort.

Attachments

• IMG_6373.JPG
    IMG_6373.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: SSV

Shin-Chan

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Frequency/amount of transaction too low to be significant enough for cognitive load (whether merchant accepts RuPay on credit or not, transaction not going through, etc.).

I don't find it worth the effort.
it depends person to person if one is looking to generate value from UPI transactions then paying via CC n getting reward points via CC payment is the way.

A few of informed merchants disabled UPI payments via CC as it attracts higher merchant charges vs normal UPI

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah, I used to use UPI on RuPay credit (those I who were not accepting CC) but I saw they were earning pitiful points and often not no points at all. Switched to cash instead.

I didn't find it worth the effort.
it depends person to person if one is looking to generate value from UPI transactions then paying via CC n getting reward points via CC payment is the way.

A few of informed merchants disabled UPI payments via CC as it attracts higher merchant charges vs normal UPI

Rule No1: Never ever pay for anything in Cash, unless absolutely necessary..
RuleNo2: Read again Rule No: 1

agrprashant

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Of course :)

Rule No1: Never ever pay for anything in Cash, unless absolutely necessary..
RuleNo2: Read again Rule No 2
Hehe.

1718889263557.png
Screenshot_2024-06-22-13-29-58-203_com.csam.icici.bank.imobile.jpg
Even for payments over 2000rs ,points are not credited