• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Road side Assistance. Real Experience anyone?

Sachs

TF Select
I have seen Indusland Legend & IDFC CC sellers putting forth "FREE" roadside assistance as a unique, premium feature.I cannot help but wonder.
What is free & what is paid?
What exactly can they assist with?
If I got stuck in a situation like this, I would simply call a mechanic whom I know for contacts in that area OR my vehicle show room and see who can help me in that area

What exactly does this RSA provide. Have anyone availed this service?
This would be really interesting to know.

Attachments

Don't know about IDFC , but i do have complimentary RSA by ICICI with my HPCL supersaver card. I have used it 3 times till now.

Once had battery problem. They came in 15 min and did jumpstart. After which I drove to service center and got my battery replaced.

10 days ago , had an overheating issue and engine shut down in the middle of road. I thought I had to tow it to service center. As it was out of warrenty , tata RSA were asking for min.3000 to tow for 5 km ! Then I remembered Thai i have icici RSA . Called them and they arranged FREE towing in 10 min.
But luckily I did not had to tow my vehicle and system cooled as i was waiting. Car started and I drove to my home. Customer care called and i cancelled the request.
Drove to service center the other day and got it fixed.

So , RSA is a essential for every car owner i must say.

If car is in warrenty, manufacturers provide free RSA , but their network is limited and just basic service like towing.

With ICICI I'm getting Bajaj Allianz RSA that has wide network ( belive me , it really has !) and services that i tried - free towing , fetch fuel , flat tyre repair , jumpstart , minor issues etc

Don't know about IDFC , but i do have complimentary RSA by ICICI with my HPCL supersaver card. I have used it 3 times till now.

Once had battery problem. They came in 15 min and did jumpstart. After which I drove to service center and got my battery replaced.

10 days ago , had an overheating issue and engine shut down in the middle of road. I thought I had to tow it to service center. As it was out of warrenty , tata RSA were asking for min.3000 to tow for 5 km ! Then I remembered Thai i have icici RSA . Called them and they arranged FREE towing in 10 min.
But luckily I did not had to tow my vehicle and system cooled as i was waiting. Car started and I drove to my home. Customer care called and i cancelled the request.

If car is in warrenty, manufacturers provide free RSA , but their network is limited and just basic service like towing.

With ICICI I'm getting Bajaj Allianz RSA that has wide network ( belive me , it really has !) and services that i tried - free towing , fetch fuel , flat tyre repair , jumpstart , minor issues etc
Thanks for sharing

Is it LTF ? (HPCL Supersaver)

Back