• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI BPCL Octane - I have not received surcharge waiver and Reward points

Sha03

TF Select
I use only one pump near my home always, so I checked only on the first two months after getting the card if the waiver is refunded and 25x reward points are added, which all was fine. When I manually checked all the BPCL transactions, I have not recieved waiver and RP for many fuel transactions, made at BPCL fuel stations (I have received on some and havent received on some on the same outlet) 16,000 RP (Rs 4,000).

I mailed their customer care on customercare[at]sbicard[dot]com yesterday with the details and date and amount of all missed transactions. Anyone has got any reply or refund or RP from them with a similar situation of more than a year old transaction, kindly help me out on the next steps. I am starting this new thread as the older threads that I could find were not of this amount and more than a year older transactions.

Last edited:
So you were just paying the generated bill without checking your statement first?

In most banks, it's a given that if a customer doesn't raise dispute within 30 days of statement generation, it's believed that the data is accurate and no corrections are further allowed (not talking about transaction dispute here).

Be responsible for your own finances, as no one else will be.

Screenshot_2023-10-29-16-04-48-369_com.google.android.apps.docs~2.jpg

So you were just paying the generated bill without checking your statement first?

In most banks, it's a given that if a customer doesn't raise dispute within 30 days of statement generation, it's believed that the data is accurate and no corrections are further allowed (not talking about transaction dispute here).

Be responsible for your own finances, as no one else will be.

View attachment 33602
I checked first two months' statements and enabled auto debit. Learnt it the hard way

You raise a ticket in sbi portal, they will give most of the points and surcharge back
Could you please help me out more on this? Where exactly?
I have mailed the customercare. So, I'm not sure if I can simultaneously do this too? Or should I wait?

Could you please help me out more on this? Where exactly?
I have mailed the customercare. So, I'm not sure if I can simultaneously do this too? Or should I wait?
If you have mailed, you can wait. I was talking about emailing option inside SBI cards website. Your email would have created a ticket there already, so wait

So to update, today, they gave me around 8k points out of 16k points after a dozen of to and fro mails. I am exhausted to continue the mail loop with different PNOs everytime, I gave up on rest of the points.

So to update, today, they gave me around 8k points out of 16k points after a dozen of to and fro mails. I am exhausted to continue the mail loop with different PNOs everytime, I gave up on rest of the points.
same here, it isnt worth the efforts for sure as most of the response are template responses without even reading emails

I swiped BPCL Octane at BPCL bunk on 15.10.24 for 1000. Txn got settled today for INR 1010 including Fuel surcharge. Also received reward points but surcharge waiver of INR 10 not credited yet. Any idea when it will be credited as I'm first time user of BPCL Octane

I swiped BPCL Octane at BPCL bunk on 15.10.24 for 1000. Txn got settled today for INR 1010 including Fuel surcharge. Also received reward points but surcharge waiver of INR 10 not credited yet. Any idea when it will be credited as I'm first time user of BPCL Octane
For my rupay octane card, payment settlement and RP credits after 2 days of transaction and I get surcharge waiver 3 days after transaction. So, you will get it by tomorrow or maximum day after tomorrow.

Back