• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI card rewards /cashback.

FinoGuy

TF Legend
1) Will I get cashback on spends more than credit limit?
For example : if my credit limit is 1,00,000. I've utilised all of my limit.> I prepay 50,000rs before statement generation >50,000rs limit will be released > if I buy for another 10k., will I get rewards/cashback on this 10k?
2)Are there any charges/penalty if I prepay to release limit & shop (above example)?
*In sbi cards website there's no mention of this* atleast I couldn't find! 🤔

Yes, they won't let you spend more than your limit in a bill cycle. You can't use the card even after the 50k repayment, because you have already spend 1L in the bill cycle.
Ok, I was unaware of this. As I got msg that my credit limit 50k is released and also in app I see credit available 50k.so I presumed I can spend more than limit.. My bad! 🙄

1) Will I get cashback on spends more than credit limit?
For example : if my credit limit is 1,00,000. I've utilised all of my limit.> I prepay 50,000rs before statement generation >50,000rs limit will be released > if I buy for another 10k., will I get rewards/cashback on this 10k?
2)Are there any charges/penalty if I prepay to release limit & shop (above example)?
*In sbi cards website there's no mention of this* atleast I couldn't find! 🤔
I think you can use the limit beyond your actual limit by clearing previous outstanding amounts and also get cashback. I have Axis Flipkart card which has a limit of only Rs. 15000 but in current billing cycle I have spent total of Rs. 23000 from it. So far no problem or any charges.

I think you can use the limit beyond your actual limit by clearing previous outstanding amounts and also get cashback. I have Axis Flipkart card which has a limit of only Rs. 15000 but in current billing cycle I have spent total of Rs. 23000 from it. So far no problem or any charges.
Did you got cash back also for this extra 8k spends?

I believe you can spend beyond your assigned credit limit (once you repay some of it back) because the last month I had put all my expenses on my SBI card (SimplyClick), maxed it out and paid some dues back, because I knew I had to spend again in the same cycle.

I didn't have any problems doing so. But I have to stress the fact at no point of time did I max out my credit card. I.e. I never repaid when my remaining credit limit was 0.0.
Maybe, I have simply click with CL 25K, I can't spend more than 25k in a cycle 🙁. Even after clearing the outstanding.

I believe you can spend beyond your assigned credit limit (once you repay some of it back) because the last month I had put all my expenses on my SBI card (SimplyClick), maxed it out and paid some dues back, because I knew I had to spend again in the same cycle.

I didn't have any problems doing so. But I have to stress the fact at no point of time did I max out my credit card. I.e. I never repaid when my remaining credit limit was 0.0.
I don't know man, what is the issue with my card, even customer care don't have any idea. I don't have any Screenshot to share with now. Last month I have spend around 20k, after paid partial amount around 9k something. Even though my available limit was 14k, I cant spend able spend more than 5k. I have received declined sms saying that you're reached spending limit maximum spending limit.

Thanks to having a pathetic limit of 10k I can say I went down to as low as 99 available limit. And post statement generation I don't see any charges for that.

I don't know man, what is the issue with my card, even customer care don't have any idea. I don't have any Screenshot to share with now. Last month I have spend around 20k, after paid partial amount around 9k something. Even though my available limit was 14k, I cant spend able spend more than 5k. I have received declined sms saying that you're reached spending limit maximum spending limit.
Maybe it was one time issue did you try to do that transaction again. Or one small amount transaction say wallet reload of 10 followed by bigger one just to make sure it's 'refreshed'

Maybe it was one time issue did you try to do that transaction again. Or one small amount transaction say wallet reload of 10 followed by bigger one just to make sure it's 'refreshed'
Yeah I've been facing issue from the beginning. Now i don't use my card other than instant discount offers.

I can confirm this is incorrect atleast for SBI Cashback card.
I have CL of 10k spent 30k last month on Cashback card. Got 1500 Cashback also.
Yes true. I also spent last month greater than my CL for SBI cashback card by prepayment and it was successful without any charges. Cashback received for full spend.
Only concern is if we do every month then card may be flagged.

Back