• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback Card - Paytm Wallet Load- eligible for Annual fee waiver? and full list of exclusions - SBI Response

SSV

TF Reserve
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Here are my questions regarding ineligible spends for SBI CB CC annual fee waiver and SBI response.

In short, the wallet loads are eligible for annual fee waiver..
This may help a few who have some confusion... as it is not documented well in SBI card T&C s.

My Question to SBI cards..

1688738309224.png

SBI Nodal Officer Response
1688738497495.png

The exclusion spends that are not considered in the calculation of total spends for renewal fee waiver are:

1) Cash Advances
2) Balance Transfers
3) Encash and
4) Any kind of fee and charges along with taxes...

So any spends other than the above items are considered for annual fee waiver...

Last edited:
Does education fee payment excluded for annual fee waiver?

Merchant Name - THE CAMFORD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
VIA CC AVENUE

Also whether this transaction will get 5% cashback?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231201_163800_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201_163800_Chrome.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: SSV
@SSV based on the SBI response, we can make any payment including Education, Utility or Govt Payments, they might not give the cashback, but will still be counted towards the 2 lakh Annual fee wavier?

@SSV based on the SBI response, we can make any payment including Education, Utility or Govt Payments, they might not give the cashback, but will still be counted towards the 2 lakh Annual fee wavier?
Yes, all of the above mentioned spends are included in counting for milestone benefit such as fee waiver for SBI CB card...

@SSV bro, I'm getting the 2500 discount on SBI CB card for this AC.... Lately I have seen that SBI CB card stratight away gets disqualified for discount offers...... However, in this case, if I'm getting the discount, how likely is it that the SBI will give additional 5% CB and then reverse it....

Is it written anywhere in T&C of SBICB card that we cant use them for discount offers?

Link https://www.flipkart.com/ifb-ai-con...pn=dynamic&ssid=x8lqmitsnk0000001724357374020

@SSV bro, I'm getting the 2500 discount on SBI CB card for this AC.... Lately I have seen that SBI CB card stratight away gets disqualified for discount offers...... However, in this case, if I'm getting the discount, how likely is it that the SBI will give additional 5% CB and then reverse it....

Is it written anywhere in T&C of SBICB card that we cant use them for discount offers?

Link https://www.flipkart.com/ifb-ai-con...pn=dynamic&ssid=x8lqmitsnk0000001724357374020
Even though , it was not written in T&Cs , there is a 99% chance your CB won't be credited..
However, there is a one exception.
Of the discount offer os not specific to sbi cards and if the offer is general in nature for all cards.
Share the SS of the offer and more details of 4he offer... it may throw some light

Even though , it was not written in T&Cs , there is a 99% chance your CB won't be credited..
However, there is a one exception.
Of the discount offer os not specific to sbi cards and if the offer is general in nature for all cards.
Share the SS of the offer and more details of 4he offer... it may throw some light
@SSV The 2500 discount offer was available to SBI cards only, not for any bank card..... so initially I assumed that I wont be getting the discount on CB card... but i was surprised to see that I was getting the discount on my saved CB card. I went ahead and used CB card as a trial and to find out this use case (at max, my loss would be equal to points and milestone spend missed on alternate card (SBI Vistara card) )

The debit narration is simply "Flipkart Payment....", similar to other purchases made on flipkart that got 5% CB few days ago. Let me wait till day after tomorrow to test if I get the cashback...... And if I get, let me check after 1-2 months, to see that if I get the "CB FORFEITED" reversal of cashback (that happened in Nov-Dec 2022 few months after the card was launched) :ROFLMAO:

I've pasted the product link in original message
1724410364692.webp

The exclusion spends that are not considered in the calculation of total spends for renewal fee waiver are:

1) Cash Advances
2) Balance Transfers
3) Encash and
4) Any kind of fee and charges along with taxes...

So any spends other than the above items are considered for annual fee waiver...
Is this the same for cards like BPCL (normal), Simply Save, Simply Click, etc?

@SSV @R@J on several instances I’ve got both instant SBI card discount offer & then 5% cashback later using SBI Cashback card on purchases made on Flipkart !!
That's nice.....maybe you can check after couple of month that they are not being recovered back.
1. For the offer mentioned in my above post, I can see 5% CB added to this month's cashback as of now.....
2. I got the bank discount plus 5% CB earlier in late 2022.....but SBI recovered/adjusted those cashback mentioning that double dip is not applicable as per terms and conditions....when I asked for T&C document, they replied something vague.

I'll also keep a watch on my CB when the statement gets generated..... As @SSV rightly mentioned, the chances of no CB or recovery are high if the amazon/flipkart offer is specifically for SBI cards....sometimes, they give some discount on using any bank CC, in that cases, recovery wont be there...

That's nice.....maybe you can check after couple of month that they are not being recovered back.
1. For the offer mentioned in my above post, I can see 5% CB added to this month's cashback as of now.....
2. I got the bank discount plus 5% CB earlier in late 2022.....but SBI recovered/adjusted those cashback mentioning that double dip is not applicable as per terms and conditions....when I asked for T&C document, they replied something vague.

I'll also keep a watch on my CB when the statement gets generated..... As @SSV rightly mentioned, the chances of no CB or recovery are high if the amazon/flipkart offer is specifically for SBI cards....sometimes, they give some discount on using any bank CC, in that cases, recovery wont be there...
No, I've checked & the cashback given were not recovered back !! And here I'm talking about only SBI Card offers & not all card general discount offer !!

Reactions: R@J
Need to make a fee payment. What card would you guys advise for better reward? Is it just ICICI Amazon for 1% Or should i consider using SBI CB for annual fee waiver with no reward?

Back