• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback CC amazon gift card issue

pgarg24

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi guys,
Around last week, I was able to buy around 20k egift card using my sbi cashbacl cc.. I was trying to buy same again today for 10k (to pay electricity bill) but amazon is not allowing to buy using credit card.. It says that card is added to wallet but not available for this type of transaction?
Any idea if anything changed?

Also, if we pay electricity bill through amazon, do we get 1% or 5%?

Hi guys,
Around last week, I was able to buy around 20k egift card using my sbi cashbacl cc.. I was trying to buy same again today for 10k (to pay electricity bill) but amazon is not allowing to buy using credit card.. It says that card is added to wallet but not available for this type of transaction?

You can buy upto certain amount of gift cards after that Amazon does not allow you to use credit card. I have already faced this. You need to wait for few more days. When credit card payment option will be available again.

Hi guys,

Also, if we pay electricity bill through amazon, do we get 1% or 5%?
Check this

So, it seems there is a limit on how much worth of E-Gift vouchers we can purchase from Amazon using CCs. What if I have another amazon account and use the same CC there ? Anyone tried and can confirm if we can purchase additional gift cards or the limit persist for that CC.

So, it seems there is a limit on how much worth of E-Gift vouchers we can purchase from Amazon using CCs. What if I have another amazon account and use the same CC there ? Anyone tried and can confirm if we can purchase additional gift cards or the limit persist for that CC.
You can't buy more than 20k amazon pay gv using particular cc in a month even if u change ur amazon ac.This restriction is 20k per month per retail credit card.
(try yono gyftr as mentioned in the earlier comment)

Thanks for the replies.. I was trying with another amazon account which was also showing not allowed..
I saw in this forum that people who were buying YonoGyftr got their cashback cc blocked? Do you guys recommend going through that route in that case?
@pratikjain4 @arnalghosh88 @paresh22

Also what about electricity bill directly through amazon? Its originating through amazon so it should be 5% maybe?

I saw in this forum that people who were buying YonoGyftr got their cashback cc blocked? Do you guys recommend going through that route in that case?
Card is blocked only once, after that blockage, instantly you will receive an automated call & on the line you can unlock it and transact after that
Also what about electricity bill directly through amazon? Its originating through amazon so it should be 5% maybe?
Why take a chance of directly transacting on Amazon for electricity bill, either you should buy Amazon gift card from Amazon first if you can't buy it from YONO Gyftr and get sureshot 5% cashback on SBI cashback card

I have purchased the 10K amazon gift voucher from YONO GYFTR and 30K gift vocuher from amazon website.
But i want to buy more 20k voucher as I need to pay the insurance premium in March Month. Please let me know is there any other website where I can buy the Amazon gift voucher usin the SBI Cash back credit card and earn 5% cashback?

I have purchased the 10K amazon gift voucher from YONO GYFTR and 30K gift vocuher from amazon website.
But i want to buy more 20k voucher as I need to pay the insurance premium in March Month. Please let me know is there any other website where I can buy the Amazon gift voucher usin the SBI Cash back credit card and earn 5% cashback?
You can check with your provider how much grace period they give. Generally it is 1 month.
If you are comfortable with making the payment after due date, you can wait for a few more days and buy more GC/GV

Hey guys , it's mentioned in SBI literature that buying gift cards from gift card websites will have no cashback , so then u guys r mentioning yono gyftr will give 5% cashback to buy Amazon vouchers or should I buy directly from Amazon only ? Pls , I'm new to buying gift cards / vouchers and would like some clarity on this issue , thanx in advance !

Back