• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI CV Prime application rejected coz restructured loan. Any help ?

I had applied for a SBI CV Prime via Sprint on July 5th and the application was rejected immediately. This was my second attempt(both online via sprint), last one was in Feb 2023.

I wrote a request letter to PNO to reconsider my application considering the following points:
- I am in a stable Govt job for the last 4+ years earning about 90k a month.
- Have a secured SBI SC Card with 80k limit - was late for 1 payment by 4 days about 2 yrs back.
- Have SBI Home Loan of 80L since last 2.5 yrs - all on time payments.
- Have other banking relation with SBI since more than a decade including current salary account.
- CIBIL Score of 758.
- Photos / Statement of Axis Privilege and Axis Samsung Infinite Cards.
- Salary / Bank Account Statement.
But it was once again rejected stating the generic reply of "internal policies." :(

I pushed further (this email exchange went on for about 20-25 days) for a specific reason citing RBI guidelines and threat of complaining to RBI ombudsman and they finally stated that the application was rejected coz the Home Loan was restructured (due to COVID-19). Actually the current Home Loan from SBI is a restructured one(in 2021 Feb) as it was earlier from PNB.

Both my axis cards were pre-approved ones without any such issue. Anyone has gone through similar cases ? Even otherwise, how long will this restructured home loan affect my prospects for other credit cards ?

SBI is like that ex who will continously give you hope to reignite flame & when you fall in this, they will dig every small thing from past relationship with them to remind you that you are better without them 🤣.
It is such a stupid situation. Now that I know that SBI has a 'stupid reason' to reject my fresh application (even for a lower variant card), I don't want to get rejected God knows till when.

IMO, the reason of rejection is "Late Payment Mark".

I know someone whose credit card application rejected thrice because of 1 late payment marked incorrectly by SBI itself.

Because application gets declined at system itself, no human involved. Nothing can be done here.

Back