• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Debit card blocked for using in Canara Bank setu portal

Bhaskar

TF Premier
I was paying bill of my millennia credit card of 20k by SBI debit card(Default visa variant which comes with account) by splitting it to 10k + 10k in two transactions and my card got blocked automatically saying as per your request your card is temporarily blocked. Please help how to unblock it as I am not in home town so can't visit branch. And I am not getting why for mere 20k transaction card got blocked? Canara setu is not a suspicious portal I guess.

I was paying bill of my millennia credit card of 20k by SBI debit card(Default visa variant which comes with account) by splitting it to 10k + 10k in two transactions and my card got blocked automatically saying as per your request your card is temporarily blocked. Please help how to unblock it as I am not in home town so can't visit branch. And I am not getting why for mere 20k transaction card got blocked? Canara setu is not a suspicious portal I guess.
The card is blocked due to Similar amount transactions twice. It is a safety protocol to avoid fraudulent transactions. Don't worry card will be unblocked after 24 HRs. Try to avoid doing the same amount of transactions in the future.

The card is blocked due to Similar amount transactions twice. It is a safety protocol to avoid fraudulent transactions. Don't worry card will be unblocked after 24 HRs. Try to avoid doing the same amount of transactions in the future.
Okay thanks 🙏 hope it gets unblocked automatically.

Was your DC automatically unblocked?

I got a similar message today for doing two transactions of same amount on unipay
Nop..had to visit a branch not necessarily home branch and submit a form to unblock. It won't unblock automatically and even in 2024 SBI doesn't have any mechanism to unblock without visiting branch.

Nop..had to visit a branch not necessarily home branch and submit a form to unblock. It won't unblock automatically and even in 2024 SBI doesn't have any mechanism to unblock without visiting branch.
I don't know which year SBI is living in! Despite so many technological advancements within banking sector, they still insist on a branch visit for such lame reasons. 😡

Lol, my DC was blocked too in this similar way, half an hour later I got a call from SBI to check if any fraud was happening with my card and I confirmed it was me only. He asked my address to confirm identity and my DC was unblocked 5 minutes later.

I did call CC first and asked them to unlock to which they replied I have to visit branch or wait for 24 hours.

Lol, my DC was blocked too in this similar way, half an hour later I got a call from SBI to check if any fraud was happening with my card and I confirmed it was me only. He asked my address to confirm identity and my DC was unblocked 5 minutes later.

I did call CC first and asked them to unlock to which they replied I have to visit branch or wait for 24 hours.
Got a call today from SBI CC for the transactions on 19th Oct and confirmed all my details. When CC person tried to unblock it, she couldn't and did not understand what is wrong with my debit card. Asked me to visit the branch.

Back