• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI FBB Styleup card upgrade from bank

Superxan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey all,

I've been using SBI FBB Styleup credit card since a long time (around 8-10 years) with a few other cards. However, since it is discontinued now, SBI is offering me a SimplySave credit card as replacement once my current card expires (in 2-3 months).

FBB Styleup card's CL is 1.8L and my annual spends has been around 6-7L on this card.

Two weeks ago, I applied and got SBI Cashback credit card but with a meagre limit of 52K only.

Could you please suggest how should I go about with it:
A) Whether to go ahead with the upgrade or close it?
B) Can I transfer the limit from StyleUp to Cashback card?
C) Will upgrading the SBI Styleup card to SimplySave and then closing it affect my CIBIL score (due to long credit history)

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Regarding impact on Credit Score, there will be as closing this would reduce the avg age of your credit cards. But depends on what other CC you have in your portfolio. If this is the only one, then closing it might not be the best idea.
Upgrading in most of the cases does not impact Credit Score, because it is done on the same credit account. (Assuming just variant change and no LE)

Back