• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI folks cancelling your application to earn incentive leading to multiple enquires and poor limit.

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So I used my referral to apply simply click for few of my friends, entered all the information properly and after two days one of my friend got call from an agent and she said his card will get denied for sure and he was like why, she tried to convince him not to use his company name but prefer some insurance company. He said why would he do that as he can provide payslip of earning 70k. She simply stopped explaining and called again then told him to forward an sms to further process. That sms created another entry on his cibil. They stopped the process of application that I created for him to gain incentive through the newly created process. She called him to upload surrogate documents and instead of salary slip she said upload bank statement so he uploaded bank statement leading to 20k as card limit in the end. She told him to mention that insurance company name and some sales position on all verification call else he won't get the card. This wouldn't have happened if she wasn't even there to stop the first application.

Another friend tried application through sprint and got some error while uploading. Again some lady called cancelled his application, multiple entries, same sms thing. 10k limit while having 50k salary. In both cases they put really less salary on application.
You might say this is my friends fault but this was their first credit card and of course they hesitated to go through some sbi person but these people kept calling multiple times kind of like harassment.

I have gone through this journey brother. Their agents are horrible. It's like a scam. They do multiple enquiries, they even asked me to change my designation. It's better to stay away from SBI agents as much as we can. But we don't have much choice.

I have gone through this journey brother. Their agents are horrible. It's like a scam. They do multiple enquiries, they even asked me to change my designation. It's better to stay away from SBI agents as much as we can. But we don't have much choice.
Avoided agent but this lady at sbi verification was just like agent and cancelled the self applied form to earn incentive on the one she created with second enquiry.

Don't give the APPCODE(otp) to agents and you are safe...
when a agent try to process your application a otp will come to your phone...

suppose you apply for a card through a agent.. now let's say some problem occur like IPV failed or anything
now here is main issue... some agents will call you about this and tell you about ipv and then for reprocess they will ask you OTP or APPCODE
many people don't know that they are filling new application and with sbi there must be one month gap b/w 2 applications..
so finally your application will get rejection because of multiple application...

Agents are wholely responsible for this but also it is people fault for giving them otp...

So, Beware Never ever give otp 2nd time to these agents

Don't give the APPCODE(otp) to agents and you are safe...
when a agent try to process your application a otp will come to your phone...

suppose you apply for a card through a agent.. now let's say some problem occur like IPV failed or anything
now here is main issue... some agents will call you about this and tell you about ipv and then for reprocess they will ask you OTP or APPCODE
many people don't know that they are filling new application and with sbi there must be one month gap b/w 2 applications..
so finally your application will get rejection because of multiple application...

Agents are wholely responsible for this but also it is people fault for giving them otp...

So, Beware Never ever give otp 2nd time to these agents
I agree they do multiple applications but don't think the cool off period is there in SBI. My online application got rejected which I applied online and processed by bank employees. They did a blunder actually i described it in a thread. The next day I applied through a petrol pump agent and it got approved in 3 days.

I agree they do multiple applications but don't think the cool off period is there in SBI. My online application got rejected which I applied online and processed by bank employees. They did a blunder actually i described it in a thread. The next day I applied through a petrol pump agent and it got approved in 3 days.
that maybe because your previous application was closed complety because of rejection..
because only one application is processed at a time... so let's say you didn't complete your IPV at home or office then your application goes in pending or sometimes rejection.... and now you apply again then you application will 100% gets rejected...

thats why they say 1 month cool period in sbi is must...

TIP: you can get detailed status of your application by asking the agent to check in his app.. if your application gets rejected then it will show the exact reason in his app for your rejection..
personally verified...
but this doesn't mean you should apply with agent.. apply directly if you have all the things required..

that maybe because your previous application was closed complety because of rejection..
because only one application is processed at a time... so let's say you didn't complete your IPV at home or office then your application goes in pending or sometimes rejection.... and now you apply again then you application will 100% gets rejected...

thats why they say 1 month cool period in sbi is must...

TIP: you can get detailed status of your application by asking the agent to check in his app.. if your application gets rejected then it will show the exact reason in his app for your rejection..
personally verified...
but this doesn't mean you should apply with agent.. apply directly if you have all the things required..
Yeah got your point. First time I applied directly online. But the employee who came to my office to take documents messed it up. Long story it is. Then had to take help of that agent.

Back