• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI General insurance auto debit without my permission

arjit

TF Neo
Hi everyone, I am new to techno fino community, I hold a union bank account and yesterday 67.34 rupees deducted automatically and when I check in my net banking, I can see a remark as "SBINS REN PERSONAL ACCIDENTAL" I immediately reached to sbi general insurance and later to sbi life insurance, they both said I dont have any insurance or policy with them and for the deduction query I must visit the bank, so I visited the branch and branch employees are saying we are not aware of this and we didnt activate it pls contact sbi for this, Now I dont know what should I do now and as there is REN in the remark SBINS REN PERSONAL ACCIDENTAL so I guess it will renew automatically from time to time, I cant even complaint to rbi because the branch is close to a village they will not provide or acknowledge any physical document that I am facing this issue so rbi will simply reject my complaint? can anyone help here?

You say you have an account with UBOI. Probably a SB. You need to get in touch with them on this. In the debit remark SBINS might be for Savings Bank Insurance and not necessarily denoting State Bank. It could be that UBOI has a group insurance policy for all/some of it's SB account holders. Get in tough with your branch and get it resolved.

Do you have PMJJBY active? Although its deduction happens in May end not August. SBINS doesn't mean SBI took it. There are some schemes where SBI is merchant banker so entry shows like this. Mail your bank with screenshot and ask for details and whose account is credited. It maybe Atal Pension Yojna Rs.70 per month thing on prorata basis but personal accidental puts question mark. Also check which debit card you have. Some DC have personal accidental benefits with a premium included as top-up. Mostly all dc have cover from 2-5 Lakh without any cost and above this bank takes charges. So there can be multiple reasons.

Back