• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI made mistake in updating CKYC, how to fix?

panu24

TF Legend
My SBI cashback card approved after 55 days. Yesterday I received card and approval sms also. Today morning I got email notification from CKYC that my records has been updated by SBI Cards. During my Cashback application process, my EKYC happened in person. The agent who came to my house took my photo and sign only. The Signed application form that SBI send me 3 days back also has correct residential address but they made single character mistake in my residential area name now while reporting to CKYC.

The CKYC email said SBI Cards updated your records and they updated my photo and address. How to fix this quickly? Do I need to contact SBI or there is way to contact CKYC and get it corrected?

Last edited:
My SBI cashback card approved after 55 days. Yesterday I received card and approval sms also. Today morning I got email notification from CKYC that my records has been updated by SBI Cards. During my Cashback application process, my EKYC happened in person. The agent who came to my house took my photo and sign only. The Signed application form that SBI send me 3 days back also has correct residential address but they made single character mistake in my residential area name now while reporting to CKYC.

The CKYC email said SBI Cards updated your records and they updated my photo and address. How to fix this quickly? Do I need to contact SBI or there is way to contact CKYC and get it corrected?
Unlucky from client side we can’t rectify or modify ckyc registry
My wife have some mismatch and till today it continues everywhere
Only option if we change pan details in NSDL it’s getting modified
But a trial and error

Unlucky from client side we can’t rectify or modify ckyc registry
My wife have some mismatch and till today it continues everywhere
Only option if we change pan details in NSDL it’s getting modified
But a trial and error
Oh that is not good.

I will contact SBI and will ask them to correct it. I anyway need to contact them as they did same mistake by updating my address in my SBI Card account as well.

Whats the use of this CKYC?

Once the cKYC record exists then it can directly be used by other financial institutions. You supposedly don't need to do document verification each time

"Upon completion of cKYC after the submission & verification of the required documents, the customer will receive a 14-digit KYC Identification Number (KIN) via SMS on their registered mobile number and via email.
The customer can then use KIN to complete KYC with any other bank, insurer, NBFC, or securities intermediary without submitting KYC documents all over again.
Businesses can simply use the KIN to retrieve the customer’s verified cKYC stored with CERSAI and complete KYC verification.
This process streamlines the KYC verification procedure and makes it simpler for everyone involved. "

Last edited:
I get this part but so far even if I mentioned CKYC number they still need PAN, Aadhar either have to share to official email or Xerox.

Anyone provided CKYC number only without documents? Which bank or MF or Financial Institute?

So far, I didn't find any usefulness with CKYC based on my experience. Do share your thoughts, might be useful next time when dealing with them.

While applying AMEX card online, I provided CKYC number.. Still they asked address proof (same in CKYC) during VKYC and still pending saying document is not clear in Video. They're supposed to use CKYC here, right?
I think it's mainly MFs and insurance companies that don't insist on documents. I don't remember attaching additional docs when investing in UTI, same for subsequent insurance policies. Will confirm it the next time I do an MF investment

I think it's mainly MFs and insurance companies that don't insist on documents. I don't remember attaching additional docs when investing in UTI, same for subsequent insurance policies. Will confirm it the next time I do an MF investment
I remember when online acc opening for au small finance bank they asked for ckyc but still vkyc happened for sign capture

Back