• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI marketing tactics - funny story 😅

ltf4ever

TF Legend
got a call from my sbi home branch and the call was genuine.

sbi: sir, can you plz come to the branch along with your aadhaar and pan as soon as possible?

me: i am not in the city, might not be able to come for at least a few months.

*me, thinking that it was for kyc update. they had made my account dormant in the past due to inactivity and stale kyc*

sbi: ok, then can you send someone from your family with these documents before end of this week?

me: even they cannot come, they have to go to the office. what is the urgency?

sbi: sir but then how can we give you our premium SBI prime credit card? we need these documents for that asap.

me: but i don't even want that card.

sbi: ok. thank you.

me: bye

I have never applied for or shown interest in sbi credit cards in my life 😅🤦‍♂️

jamtara: scammers trying to sound like sbi.
sbi: trying to sound like scammers. well well well, how the turntables......

sbi: sir, can you plz come to the branch along with your aadhaar and pan as soon as possible?

*me, thinking that it was for kyc update. they had made my account dormant in the past due to inactivity and stale kyc*

sbi: ok, then can you send someone from your family with these documents before end of this week?

sbi: sir but then how can we give you our premium SBI prime credit card? we need these documents for that asap.

Yeah has been a similar case for few other folks. Also after I was approved for SBI SimplyCLICK CC, I have noticed that I am receiving many spam calls. And once I even got OTP (from genuine SBI Cards) for SBI Cards web login which I didn't initiate. So someone was trying to login using my mobile number through OTP! 🤷‍♂️
I am pretty sure at this point that they/the agents share customer info with third-parties (though I didn't had to go through any agent as my application was instantly approved through Sprint).

Last edited:

Same bro but I said them on call I will come next day and never picked up their call again 😂

As Thor would say, "How the mighty have fallen!"

😱 😂

Back