• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Rewardz: Upto 5X*/10X* RP under October Carnival Campaign

But it says POS decline, how come someone on earth would try to pay cc bill using POS? šŸ¤”
Wrong MCC may be, not sure. Was paying bills using SBI Billpay portal. I guess they added a generic charge description for all such charges may be

@Googix Tranaction decline due to insufficient balance at POS/Online POS/ATM is there since 2004. Good morning to you if you don't care to read. Go and ask RBI as to why they allowed it at first place. Then Shashikanta Das will let you know how eating at a restuarant without taking your wallet leads to dish washing there.

From customer point of view every charge is idiotic one. Nobody asked you to carry out a txn without having balance. Most people check balance first or keep track of it. Banks sends you SMS after txn that contains your leftover balance. That's why I always say, India is full of people that live unaware most part of their lives.

If you ever get time from your busy life doing nothing do care to read Common Service Charges page. šŸ™‚

P.S: Just a general reply. Nothing personal. Don't get offended. I just reply like this.
Considering you added P.S., seems many have replied about your rude comments before.
This also appears rude perhaps may be work on that too before advising someone on a social platform.

But it says POS decline, how come someone on earth would try to pay cc bill using POS? šŸ¤”
What do you really understand with the word PoS?

A PoS is Point of Sale. POS never means just offline txn using a POS machines. There is nothing called offline transaction. All the POS machines where you swipe your card are connected to Internet and are using sim card in it. they were designed only to help people so that they don't have to punch their card details every time they carry out txn and the POS machines does it itself.

At online, you punch your card number manually while in POS machines it reads your card number, expiry and cvv using magstripe or chip so that you don't need to enter it and then sends to server just like in online case. All txns you carry out online are also PoS txns.

A PoS is Point of Sale. POS never means just offline txn using a POS machines. There is nothing called offline transaction. All the POS machines where you swipe your card are connected to Internet and are using sim card in it. they were designed only to help people so that they don't have to punch their card details every time they carry out txn and the POS machines does it itself.

At online, you punch your card number manually while in POS machines it reads your card number, expiry and cvv using magstripe or chip so that you don't need to enter it and then sends to server just like in online case. All txns you carry out online are also PoS txns.
7th Oct, 2024 transaction Got "Bonus point posted for virtual debit card transaction"

I used SBI Virtual RuPay Debit Card
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Canara bank Setu website - SBI Virtual RuPay Debit Card OTP page merchant name - "CCAVENUE COM UTILITY"

Navi app - SBI Virtual RuPay Debit Card OTP page merchant name - "NaviTechnologiesLimited"

Other websites, app i will update soon.

But I'm trying to understand if customer doesn't have sufficient balance to complete a transaction what kind of loss a bank suffers from which they pass it on to customer as charges? Sorry don't have much knowledge here.

Even private sector banks too?! these are idiotic charges
HDFC as well, that too with a hefty ā‚¹25 + 18% GST ^^

But I'm trying to understand if customer doesn't have sufficient balance to complete a transaction what kind of loss a bank suffers from which they pass it on to customer as charges? Sorry don't have much knowledge here.
They don't face any major loss here, but this is just one of the many ways banks earn. Interest is not the only source of income for banks.

Let's consider a scenario:

You have ā‚¹0 in your SBI account, and you go to the nearest ATM to withdraw ā‚¹1000, you entered pin, amount and clicked on withdraw but it's already too late, and you receive a message on the ATM screen: 'Insufficient balance.'

You head home, but what about the electricity used by that ATM? What about its operational costs?

You tried to withdraw money, but the funds weren't withdrawn, yet the machine still worked for you.

Make sense right?

In simple terms, this is just an operating cost for the ATM/POS transaction, and they charge for it. This has been happening for years. it's just that most people don't realise it because they usually have some funds in their accounts.

Note: ATM/POS both are same, they just work slightly different. Refer @desiviru answer, he has explained it perfectly.

Last edited:
Payments thru Freecharge will also fetch RPs got this for my VDC Rupay variant.

Got 2X RP for Sept month payments as well šŸ˜›.

Had to pay 20K HSBC CC now but Unipay, Canara Setu, Mobikwik, Freecharge all are not allowing throwing error

Invalid combination of Customer parameters​

HSBC card is 15 days old šŸ˜‚, guess they didn't added my card to BBPS yet.

Last edited:
Payments thru Freecharge will also fetch RPs got this for my VDC Rupay variant.

Got 2X RP for Sept month payments as well šŸ˜›.

Had to pay 20K HSBC CC now but Unipay, Canara Setu, Mobikwik, Freecharge all are not allowing throwing error

Invalid combination of Customer parameters​

HSBC card is 15 days old šŸ˜‚, guess they didn't added my card to BBPS yet.
What's the merchant name you got on freecharge card otp page ?

@desiviru Yeh banda hungama kar k sab ko visa/mastercard dila diya ki Virtual RuPay Debit Card me nahi milta 2x bonus reward.

1671599022844.webp

What's the merchant name you got on freecharge card otp page ?

@desiviru Yeh banda hungama kar k sab ko visa/mastercard dila diya ki Virtual RuPay Debit Card me nahi milta 2x bonus reward.

View attachment 71695
JioFinance ke liye bola tha desiviru ne and tumne toh gayab hi karwa diya poora debit card ka option ā˜ŗļøā˜ŗļø

Aesa bamboo dala ambani ke, ki abhi bhi dard ho rha hai debit card option wapis nhi diya abhi tak

ps: majak kar rha hu commander, bura mat manna šŸ¤£

Bhai I have 100000 of bill to pay. Having Bday month as well. I know it's already been explained in detail but can someone please Make a payment plan for maximum benefit using VDC Payment. just so much confusion is there

Will it fetch reward points if we pay using Amex Payment link - and use DC option (only Rupay DC is allowed there)....and pay through SBI JCB DC?
Yes, here already verified, read this comment -

Tumne Amex pe try kiya tha ?

Virtual RuPay Debit Card use kiye the toh check karo 2x reward mil gaya na ?

Back