• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

White_Fox

TF Buzz
I have an SBI savings account. They (probably branch employees) activated PMJJBY without my consent. It resulted in a debit of ₹436.00.

Complained to the SBI customer care (screenshot attached), but they said to contact the branch.

Visited the branch the next day. They tried to convince me not to cancel the insurance that it's only a small amount deducted every year. On insisting on cancellation, I was told to submit an application for cancellation of the insurance to the branch.
So went to the branch a day later armed with the application. However, they didn't accept it as the person in charge of such was “absent”.

Replied to the email that application was not accepted. Also, attached the handwritten application to the email.

Voila! After two days, the money was refunded.

Attachments

• SBI (debit entry) (1).jpg
    SBI (debit entry) (1).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 35
  • SBI (debit SMS) (1).jpg
    SBI (debit SMS) (1).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 34
  • application for deactivation of insurance  (1) conv 1.png
    application for deactivation of insurance (1) conv 1.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Third complaint conv 1.png
    Third complaint conv 1.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Second email conv 1.png
    Second email conv 1.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 32
  • First complaint conv 1.png
    First complaint conv 1.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Complaint reply 2 conv 1.png
    Complaint reply 2 conv 1.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Complaint reply 1 conv 1.png
    Complaint reply 1 conv 1.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 34

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have an SBI savings account. They (probably branch employees) activated PMJJBY without my consent. It resulted in a debit of ₹436.00.

Complained to the SBI customer care (screenshot attached), but they said to contact the branch.

Visited the branch the next day. They tried to convince me not to cancel the insurance that it's only a small amount deducted every year. On insisting on cancellation, I was told to submit an application for cancellation of the insurance to the branch.
So went to the branch a day later armed with the application. However, they didn't accept it as the person in charge of such was “absent”.

Replied to the email that application was not accepted. Also, attached the handwritten application to the email.

Congratulations. My friend's SBI account is also deducted for the same. His complaint is in process.

varun__goel_

TF Legend

Just call the department's customer care

They should be able to cancel and refund the amount

Really pathetic of sbi of activating insurance without consent.

praful47

TF Ace
This insurance has been activated in my boi account.

If complaining doesn't help , then from next time avoid keeping any balance in your account .
This insurance will get automatically deactivated.

smz

TF Select
Same issue me and my mother faced in IOB few years ago. Even giving written complaint to BM didn't help. Finally maintained balance lower than the premium for around a month when the deduction happens, and the policies finally stopped.