• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBM Bank India Account

falcon007

TF Premier
Hi everyone,

About a month ago, I opened a Savings Account with SBM India Bank.

For the month ended 30th June, 2023, I received an email of a statement for the period from the date of opening of the account till the 30th June, 2023.

Everything else on the statement is normal but the account type mentioned is 'Resident Foreign Currency Account' and Currency is mentioned as INR.

The question is I opened Savings Account with them and not Resident Foreign Currency (RFC) account.

Will there be any issues with it?

I tried reaching their customer support via email but they neither reverted nor did I get any automated response from them.

If anyone knows what can be done in this case, please let me know.

Hi everyone,

About a month ago, I opened a Savings Account with SBM India Bank.

For the month ended 30th June, 2023, I received an email of a statement for the period from the date of opening of the account till the 30th June, 2023.

Everything else on the statement is normal but the account type mentioned is 'Resident Foreign Currency Account' and Currency is mentioned as INR.

The question is I opened Savings Account with them and not Resident Foreign Currency (RFC) account.

Will there be any issues with it?

I tried reaching their customer support via email but they neither reverted nor did I get any automated response from them.
Sbm offers on normal savings ac also to convert inr to other currencies.

SBM india replies very very very slowly.

If you are a tax payer else thinking to save money in this ac solve the issue via rbi ombudsman ASAP.

I opened this account to park some money to avoid spending from the main account. Will wait for the reply from the SBM support first. If it does not, I will reach out to RBI BO.

Back