• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Scammers have all the details regarding SBI cards. Does SBI sell users' data?

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
A scammer called me today and had all the data pertaining to my PAN, Card Variant, Address, etc. And looked too official. I identified him as a scammer immediately, but most might not. Is it a gross negligence on the part of SBI?

A scammer called me today and had all the data pertaining to my PAN, Card Variant, Address, etc. And looked too official. I identified him as a scammer immediately, but most might not. Is it a gross negligence on the part of SBI?
Even delivery boys have alot of data these days! Privacy is a joke for anyone doing stuff online, a tiny part of which is online shopping.. To add fuel to the fire., aadhaar is made joke by companies & govt to some extent.. Aadhar number is the only document which can be changed! Rest all documents you can get replaced but aadhar once gone is gone forever (u can't get another adhar number for like ). Sadly people distribute it like peanuts..

Today for a delivery boy was asking me to provide aadhaar card as identity proof to accept an order worth 250rs..After I gave him a scary look, he went away...

Even delivery boys have alot of data these days! Privacy is a joke for anyone doing stuff online, a tiny part of which is online shopping.. To add fuel to the fire., aadhaar is made joke by companies & govt to some extent.. Aadhar number is the only document which can be changed! Rest all documents you can get replaced but aadhar once gone is gone forever (u can't get another adhar number for like ). Sadly people distribute it like peanuts..

Today for a delivery boy was asking me to provide aadhaar card as identity proof to accept an order worth 250rs..After I gave him a scary look, he went away...
Its really concerning. :O

As long as we give all data for a credit card sourcer then automatically our phone no fall into the financial marketing calls trap
as of now truecaller helps a bit but its sad
Truecaller helps these scammers. They sell customer data indirectly. They collect data from your contacts & share it without your knowledge.
For example. You would have saved a number 9112345678 as sushil bhaiya under organisation you would've written name (say wipro) then software developer, email id written.. Then same mobile number saved as sushil awasthi btech, gurugram in other person phone.
Likewise they've access to million phones contacts .
Their ai analyse this & create a hidden profile linked to that Mobile number or email id.(some of those details is displayed when you search number in truecaller). This info they share it with others that's the main revenue. All this is already there in Internet in multiple sites many people warning. When we find detail after searching on tc we feel that it helped us. But in reality somewhere we are paying the price as many people will be having our number /data saved in their contacts.. Nowadays I noticed g00gle dialer is following the same footsteps.. I uninstalled truecaller long ago (5+yrs now) whenever I feel I need to check a unknown number of its spam I login in browser with dummy email, check & logout.. Does the job without disclosing data of my contacts

Truecaller helps these scammers. They sell customer data indirectly. They collect data from your contacts & share it without your knowledge.
For example. You would have saved a number 9112345678 as sushil bhaiya under organisation you would've written name (say wipro) then software developer, email id written.. Then same mobile number saved as sushil awasthi btech, gurugram in other person phone.
Their ai analyse this & create a hidden profile linked to that Mobile number or email id.(some of those details is displayed when you search number in truecaller). This info they share it with others that's the main revenue. All this is already there in Internet in multiple sites many people warning. When we find detail after searching on tc we feel that it helped us. But in reality somewhere we are paying the price as many people will be having our number /data saved in their contacts.. Nowadays I noticed g00gle dialer is following the same footsteps.. I uninstalled truecaller long ago (5+yrs now) whenever I feel I need to check a unknown number of its spam I login in browser with dummy email, check & logout.. Does the job without disclosing data of my contacts
Wiseman decision to tackle the privacy issues
Keep it up 👍

Exactly right. I also do the same. Haven't used it in years. Only login via email that has no contacts 🙂.

I believe there might be some leaks of data from SBI to scammers. A few months ago, I applied for an SBI Nature's Basket card. Someone came home and did KYC etc, and I was told later on the phone that my application was approved and just a verification call remained. Received the verification call and answered their questions and waited. A few days later, when I checked, I called the person I was dealing with at SBI and was informed my application was rejected, and when I asked why, they said something vague about some "mismatch of details". Not saying this person or the person who made the verification call were not from SBI - they were.

But about half an hour after hanging up, I received a call from someone who said he was from SBI, who knew that I had had my credit card application rejected and tried to make me give him all my details (Aadhar, PAN numbers, address, etc) saying he would resolve the mismatch of details. Told him to f*** off.

I later found out the application had been rejected because SBI have cocked something up in their systems wrt this card and they are not actually accepting applications for this (Nature's Basket) card. So they basically make a CIBIL enquiry for prospective applicants and then reject the application because they don't know their ass from their elbow. And of course, as an applicant, your credit score takes a hit on account of your application being denied.

I believe there might be some leaks of data from SBI to scammers. A few months ago, I applied for an SBI Nature's Basket card. Someone came home and did KYC etc, and I was told later on the phone that my application was approved and just a verification call remained. Received the verification call and answered their questions and waited. A few days later, when I checked, I called the person I was dealing with at SBI and was informed my application was rejected, and when I asked why, they said something vague about some "mismatch of details". Not saying this person or the person who made the verification call were not from SBI - they were.

But about half an hour after hanging up, I received a call from someone who said he was from SBI, who knew that I had had my credit card application rejected and tried to make me give him all my details (Aadhar, PAN numbers, address, etc) saying he would resolve the mismatch of details. Told him to f*** off.

I later found out the application had been rejected because SBI have cocked something up in their systems wrt this card and they are not actually accepting applications for this (Nature's Basket) card. So they basically make a CIBIL enquiry for prospective applicants and then reject the application because they don't know their ass from their elbow. And of course, as an applicant, your credit score takes a hit on account of your application being denied.
yes it's serious threat to sbi customers particularly card clients last year in March they did a big leak or someone hacked them but no concrete evidence in web.
till today i'm getting sms saying that "ur yono account getting blocked today, click link and upload pan card copy".....i am card only customer so i dont've yono app lol

yes it's serious threat to sbi customers particularly card clients last year in March they did a big leak or someone hacked them but no concrete evidence in web.
till today i'm getting sms saying that "ur yono account getting blocked today, click link and upload pan card copy".....i am card only customer so i dont've yono app lol
Scamming has become business nowadays!
I heard Bob server got hacked & details leaked last year,. Never thought a big player like SBI has so poor security.. Maybe it's the agents misusing data..

Yep SBI Cards must've some kind of leak. I was contacted by a scammer some days after I got my first SBI card. That guy was blabbering about some kind of charge I have to pay or the card will get blocked if I don't provide him my details. Just because I know how credit cards work I immediately identified him as a scammer but not everyone can.

SBI do share your application data to nearby agents to do verification etc.

But these agents have backend team where some of them
- really do verification.
- took opportunity to change variant to get commission.
- took opportunity to grab the data and share with other bank agents to sell their card.

My application rejected because in 4th verification call, I didn't verified my mobile number (had an argument why I need to verify the same number they called), and they're writing addresses (not verifying in online application) which I'm not comfortable to share 4th time.

Problem is they have whole data including application number, yet they have to write and share.

I always worried how SBI handles data when they collect documents at shopping mall, whatsapp, these type of calls. So, careful while dealing with them.
Isn't SBI and SBI Card separate? I.e the latter is not run by former.

No difference w.r.t data handling, how many banks we heard saying "Your KYC expired. or You need to update your PAN to activate account". One bank I instantly recognize whenever I saw these messages that is SBI. How those people know about our bank account / card that we had with SBI?

SBI (both banking and credit cards) run majorly on manual process (need to visit branch to change things in account, need to share data to complete application) which "in my opinion" easy to change hands compared to other banks.
Sbicard is different than sbi..

Back