• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Scapia card - useless without app, can't even pay bill due?

FineTurns

TF Buzz
You cannot even find out the balance due, or download statement PDF for a Scapia card, without the Scapia app!

That has been an issue for me, as it came up with a "critical update security fix"
App won't open without updating first.
But on Google Play Store, "app is no longer compatible with your device"
They probably made Android 8 or 9 the minimum now.

I can't even input the OTPs and run it on a different phone (new phone and new number).
It says, Pair your SIM with SMS from registered number - "bind your SIM, device and app"

Now the card is quite useless in its entirety!
Pay the due amount, statement pdf, balance due, lookup info, contact customer support - EVERYTHING is from app alone.
If the devs had to raise the minimum Android version supported, they should have provided a web UI/login, or IVR for enquiry... SOMETHING at least?

Even their sassy txn SMSes don't help with inferring details.
What do you do if usual due date is near, but you can't see how much is due nor have a way to pay it?
(yes yes, I should have paid earlier, pls don't beat a dead horse)

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why are you using a device that's older than Android 8 for payment apps? It's around 7 years old and totally outdated. Using payment apps on a 7 year old outdated device is really risky. Why would you want your Scapia app to work without a SIM card on your device? It's crucial for security. When you get involved in a scam, you'll probably blame Scapia.

You don't need the Scapia app for credit card bill payments. You can use third party apps like PhonePe, Paytm, Mobikwik. If you don't know the due amount, you can simply check your email for the statement. You'll also receive an email after each transaction on your credit card, which shows the available limit.

I understand that Scapia doesn't have a website, but all the new-gen cards like OneCard, Fi AmpliFi, Kiwi, Jupiter CSB don't have one either. They will also increase their minimum supported Android version to a higher level in the future.