• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Advice on Credit Cards (Infinia + ? ) - Need Your Input

Hey,

Morning! I'm pretty new to Techno info and could use some advice on credit cards. Currently, I've got the Infinia Metal, Axis Magnus (Non-Burgundy), and Amex MMRC. I used to split my spending between Infinia and Magnus, but after Magnus took a hit in value, I'm thinking of closing it (renewal's in March '24) and getting a new card.

Most of my spending goes to travel and foreign transactions, about 30 lakh a year. Any suggestions on a new card to go along with Infinia?

Thanks a bunch!

For forex transactions you can check Yes Private. As you have around 30L spends per year, you perhaps need Amex trifecta along with infinia Metal and Yes Private.

If you don't know about amex trifecta then checkout the following thread

For yes private check out this thread

Last edited:
For forex transactions you can check Yes Private. As you have around 30L spends per year, you perhaps need Amex trifecta along with infinia Metal and Yes Private.

If you don't know about amex trifecta then checkout the following thread

For yes private check out this thread
I am considering to have AMEX platinum travel card as add on. I don't want to go with Yes bank as they are changing reward structure too fast. I am already heaving yes First CC but not using from past 10 months. Any other recommendation ?

Thanks for the reply. But don;t want to go with yes bank. What's the other recommendation ? AMEX platinum Travel ? Axis Atlas ?
Then as you have MRCC so I suggest you to get Gold Charge + Platinum Travel and complete the (AMEX Trifecta) and for the next spends I suggest you Axis Atlas Till 7.5L Milestone and then you can use Infinia for the rest 15L.

Axis reserve gives 2x edge points on international spends.
I am considering to have AMEX platinum travel card as add on. I don't want to go with Yes bank as they are changing reward structure too fast. I am already heaving yes First CC but not using from past 10 months. Any other recommendation ?

What's your view on Axis Vistara Infinite ? I also travel a lot domestic / international with Vistara Or Another Infinia Card on Wife name ?

30L annual spends can fetch you a lot of points. Depending on how much you're planning to categorize and how many cards you're okay with managing,

Here are some ideas:

1. Axis Atlas

If you travel a lot and spend on hotels and flights directly, this is the most rewarding option. 5 EM per travel transaction which is ~10 points on flights/hotels. There are also tiers where you get bonuses, free Airport Meet and Greet, Airport pickups and what not.

2. Amex Platinum Travel

If you spend on a variety of things and don't wanna keep track, this is a must-have card. Spend where you like up to 4L to get the 40K MR points and the 10K bonus Taj voucher. Post that, you can keep buying vouchers for the multiplier or switch your spends elsewhere.

3. Axis Vistara Infinite

If you fly Vistara a lot, this becomes your go-to card. 4 free business class flight tickets on spends up to 7.5L per annum so that's when you stop spending and move to the next card. You also get CV points along with the tickets so they come in handy after you've used up your tickets.

These are the 3 cards where you can split your spending and get the best rewards.

If you don't want any of this hassle, get the Amex Platinum Charge card. It comes with a hefty annual fee but the joining rewards make it all worth it.
You get premium hotel memberships, do-anything concierge and a lot more premium benefits.

Reward multipliers are great too, won't be as good as using multiple cards and identifying spends but will save you a lot of hassle and time!
DM me if you have any other questions, can help you with the application and guide for fast approvals! :)

30L annual spends can fetch you a lot of points. Depending on how much you're planning to categorize and how many cards you're okay with managing,

Here are some ideas:

1. Axis Atlas

If you travel a lot and spend on hotels and flights directly, this is the most rewarding option. 5 EM per travel transaction which is ~10 points on flights/hotels. There are also tiers where you get bonuses, free Airport Meet and Greet, Airport pickups and what not.

2. Amex Platinum Travel

If you spend on a variety of things and don't wanna keep track, this is a must-have card. Spend where you like up to 4L to get the 40K MR points and the 10K bonus Taj voucher. Post that, you can keep buying vouchers for the multiplier or switch your spends elsewhere.

3. Axis Vistara Infinite

If you fly Vistara a lot, this becomes your go-to card. 4 free business class flight tickets on spends up to 7.5L per annum so that's when you stop spending and move to the next card. You also get CV points along with the tickets so they come in handy after you've used up your tickets.

These are the 3 cards where you can split your spending and get the best rewards.

If you don't want any of this hassle, get the Amex Platinum Charge card. It comes with a hefty annual fee but the joining rewards make it all worth it.
You get premium hotel memberships, do-anything concierge and a lot more premium benefits.

Reward multipliers are great too, won't be as good as using multiple cards and identifying spends but will save you a lot of hassle and time!
DM me if you have any other questions, can help you with the application and guide for fast approvals! :)
Noted down. I have applied for Amex platinum Travel.

Back