• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Advice on Strategies to Increase My HDFC Credit Limit

Hell_Kitty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently upgraded to the Regalia Gold credit card but currently have a relatively low credit limit of 5 lakhs. Previously, my credit limit was increased from 1.94 lakhs to 5 lakhs on my Millennia card in June 2024. Over the past two months, I have spent approximately 4.4 lakhs on the new card, and I am considering pausing its usage until November 2024, when the next credit limit enhancement cycle is expected.

When I requested a credit limit increase during the card upgrade process, the request was denied, with the explanation that the next eligible cycle for an increase is in November 2024. I have come across discussions in this forum suggesting that ceasing or limiting usage of the HDFC card for a few months might increase the likelihood of receiving a higher limit.

1. I am seeking advice on best practices to ensure that my limit is increased to more than 8 lakhs during this cycle.
  2. I would like to know whether the credit limit review in November will be conducted automatically after six months or if it requires a manual request.
  3. Once they increase my CL in Nov and I get CL>8 lakhs can I ask immediately for Infinia based on my spends of 7.5 lakhs in last 6 months.?
I would greatly appreciate any valuable guidance or feedback from this forum.

@vaibhav111
@SSV
@TechnoFino

Last edited:
Exactly in same position. I too got limit increase and upgrade to Regalia Gold in June this year. I already did 5lac plus spend and asked again with income documents. Just today got reply flatly denying any increase sayin it was done just on 1st June.
Strange are ways they can send alerts every day for pre approved loan of 10lacs but Credit card limit is 4lacs only!!

I recently upgraded to the Regalia Gold credit card but currently have a relatively low credit limit of 5 lakhs. Previously, my credit limit was increased from 1.94 lakhs to 5 lakhs on my Millennia card in June 2024. Over the past two months, I have spent approximately 4.4 lakhs on the new card, and I am considering pausing its usage until November 2024, when the next credit limit enhancement cycle is expected.

When I requested a credit limit increase during the card upgrade process, the request was denied, with the explanation that the next eligible cycle for an increase is in November 2024. I have come across discussions in this forum suggesting that ceasing or limiting usage of the HDFC card for a few months might increase the likelihood of receiving a higher limit.

1. I am seeking advice on best practices to ensure that my limit is increased to more than 8 lakhs during this cycle.
  2. I would like to know whether the credit limit review in November will be conducted automatically after six months or if it requires a manual request.
  3. Once they increase my CL in Nov and I get CL>8 lakhs can I ask immediately for Infinia based on my spends of 7.5 lakhs in last 6 months.?

@vaibhav111
@SSV
@TechnoFino
HDFC Limit Enhancement formula is pure secret.

They can only offer 20% of your annual income as limit.

I would suggest keep milking it & don't hope for LE.

HDFC Limit Enhancement formula is pure secret.

They can only offer 20% of your annual income as limit.

I would suggest keep milking it & don't hope for LE.
Don't think it has any connection with income. I had sent them 60lacs, they gave 4lacs only and when I asked them again saying see usage in last 2 months and I am not even able to use their card, reply came it is best they can offer. I have simply given up on them. Will use card only once for fee payment in quarter and that will be good enough for quarterly milestone.

I reached out to their customer care, they wanted me to download and print a physical form and fill it up, then courier it to their Chennai office

Exactly in same position. I too got limit increase and upgrade to Regalia Gold in June this year. I already did 5lac plus spend and asked again with income documents. Just today got reply flatly denying any increase sayin it was done just on 1st June.
Strange are ways they can send alerts every day for pre approved loan of 10lacs but Credit card limit is 4lacs only!!
wait 6 m.. use card well.. then apply

Don't think it has any connection with income. I had sent them 60lacs, they gave 4lacs only and when I asked them again saying see usage in last 2 months and I am not even able to use their card, reply came it is best they can offer. I have simply given up on them. Will use card only once for fee payment in quarter and that will be good enough for quarterly milestone.
Sir, if you have that kind of income, why are you worried about LE? LOL

close existing card, apply Infinia offline using nearest branch agent basis on HDFC Bank account relationship (I believe you have) & ITR proofs.

Sir, if you have that kind of income, why are you worried about LE? LOL

close existing card, apply Infinia offline using nearest branch agent basis on HDFC Bank account relationship (I believe you have) & ITR proofs.
I wanted to increase limit just for that as in this forum only people say 8lacs limit and 7.5laca spend in six months is criteria for upgrade to Infinia. They just don't seem to like me!! I went to branch just to upgrade to preferred banking and RM tried and after that told me that my account part of some virtual program and branch cannot do anything.

Also 20% of my ITR will be >10 lakhs still I have only 5 lakhs limit.
I said max 20%, they always keep it lower 😂
so using it more has an increased chance or not using it? Im confused now
Previously my notice was LE on usage since years but in recent LE things have changed (I mean HDFC considered other criterias) and given LE to inactive users too.

So can't say, I'll say enjoy & reap the benefits while it lasts.

HDFC is totally random with LE. I have Infinia since last 9 years and limit has breached 20L. Wondering what is the average limit for Infinia. Saw in another thread that 35-40L is common too. Also I have seen that this has nothing to do with salary credit etc.

@vaibhav111
@SSV
@TechnoFino
If they’re not increasing the limit and you want more CL you can make FD lien. That’s the only option.

HDFC algorithm is tough to crack.

HDFC is totally random with LE. I have Infinia since last 9 years and limit has breached 20L. Wondering what is the average limit for Infinia. Saw in another thread that 35-40L is common too. Also I have seen that this has nothing to do with salary credit etc.
35-40 wow. But how? Here I'm struggling for 10.

A question related to the OP's, but slightly different. If they ask us to send them ITR details and let's say I file my taxes in 44AD (presumption taxation) and the income on my ITR is shown as half of the original (which is the case) them how will they deem me eligible for a limit enhancement, won't the person atleast need to have 12L+ income for it to be displayed as 6L on ITR. (44AD halves your "taxable income")

Back