• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Advice: Should I File an RBI Ombudsman Complaint for IDFC Wealth Account Upgrade?

atom008

TF Buzz
Hi everyone,

I'm seeking advice on a frustrating situation with IDFC Bank. Five months ago, an executive promised me an upgrade to an IDFC Wealth Account variant if I maintained a 5 lakh balance in my savings account, which we discussed and I have recorded. Despite assurances, this upgrade has not been implemented.

After the executive stopped responding, I raised a complaint with the Principal Nodal Office two months ago. However, they now insist on a 10 lakh balance and refuse to honor our previous agreement.

I have a call recording as proof of our initial agreement. Is it worth fighting with them, or should I file an RBI Ombudsman complaint for breach of customer protection guidelines? Has anyone faced a similar issue or dealt with the RBI Ombudsman? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone,

I'm seeking advice on a frustrating situation with IDFC Bank. Five months ago, an executive promised me an upgrade to an IDFC Wealth Account variant if I maintained a 5 lakh balance in my savings account, which we discussed and I have recorded. Despite assurances, this upgrade has not been implemented.

After the executive stopped responding, I raised a complaint with the Principal Nodal Office two months ago. However, they now insist on a 10 lakh balance and refuse to honor our previous agreement.

I have a call recording as proof of our initial agreement. Is it worth fighting with them, or should I file an RBI Ombudsman complaint for breach of customer protection guidelines? Has anyone faced a similar issue or dealt with the RBI Ombudsman? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!
If you really need of it then go ahead.

But my opinion is move your account to hdfc, you will get everything better.

Reactions: SSV
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!
You can definitely try. Select mis-selling as the category. But chances are less.

My suggestion would be to close this account, and then goto another branch and share your willingness to open new account with direct wealth upgradation with 5L IP, for safety talk with BM about the deal before you go ahead.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!
A call recording may not be sufficient. Unless you have it in writing it may not be worth anything. But you can always give it a try. All you have to do is make an online complaint to the RBIO. It will not take more than 15-20 min. Definitely worth a try.

Back