• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Share your IRL Banking GR/ Complaint System Experience

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Hello Everyone,
Following Threads detail on the Support System of Banks to raise Complaints.
This thread aims to give a practical picture of ( but not limited to ), how Banks support system actually work, what is generally the TAT, do queries actually get resolved at Lvl 1/2 or is there a need to escalate? While it's true that the PNO Desk generally refers to the Desk of VP/ SVP, and one might have high hopes of emailing them and getting complaints resolved; there have been cases where people have had hard time with the PNO Desk and had to eventually knock on the Door of the RBI.

The SC Bank CC Ltf issue ( with the Bank's PNO Desk themselves not acknowledging the offer on their Bank's own Website ) , the Icici CC Annual Fees Issue/ changing of MITC without prior intimation and Hdfc not reversing Gst in few cases (Millenia Redemption charges) are some of the most popular known complaints on this forum.

WE invite you to share your own Authentic experiences on this thread. Please keep in mind the following:
  • Try to fit all the content in one 'reply' if possible
  • Only genuine Experiences (over email/ telecon) with screenshot/ any other proofs will be considered
  • Be cautious and hide whatever you deem as your Personal Information before sharing any proofs/ screenshots over here.

Disclaimer :
    The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this thread are those of the individual contributors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Technofino or its founders/ mods/ creator of this Thread. This thread is intended for informational and sharing purposes only.
    Technofino does not endorse or validate any claims made here and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or legality of any information posted. While certain information contained in this message have been taken from sources that are believed to be accurate, no warranty or representation is made as to its correctness, completeness or accuracy.

Last edited:
Sharing my experience with SBI, Jadavpur University Branch, Kolkata:

I had a tough 10 years journey with SBI for my Home Loan.
(Repost from here)

1. I did not check anything for the insurance option and they very conveniently added SBI RINN RAKSHA to my loan. When I refused to take it they said the loan offer will be cancelled if I don't take it and I have to make a fresh application. I was living in Mumbai at that time and came down to Kolkata just for the loan and going back and coming again would have cost nearly the same so I decided to go ahead with it. SBI earned 35K from me by selling an insurance I didn't need and didn't opt for. This is ROBBERY in broad daylight. My only mistake I didn't check "not required".

2. I opted for MaxGain (I DID check the box) but still they opened normal loan account. I didn't understand and put all money from my various accounts into the loan account but when I tried to withdraw I couldn't. Then on contacting branch official I came to know they had opened normal loan account and there is no way to withdraw the excess amount paid. I landed into a big financial trouble with no money available with me.

3. I asked them to convert it to MaxGain. First they refused. Then I reached out to AGM in RACPC, he said it can be done only if I had ticked the MaxGain option in my original application. They took about a month to check the documents which was lying in their own document locker and finally confirmed that I had indeed ticked the option.

4. They asked for Rs. 1000 as conversion fee. I refused to pay because it was their fault. They kept sending me letters for 3 months. I kept replying on email. Finally after 3 months got a letter stating the charges has been waived.

5. Even after converting to MaxGain I was not able to withdraw. Learnt from branch official that I have to make a separate written application to enable transactions. Again the situation was urgent for me to withdraw some money. I spent 350 bucks and couriered the application through BlueDart so that they get it next day. But this branch official was so casual he simply told me courier not received in spite of me sending him the POD. I had to call up branch AGM and he called that person and I could hear him saying out loud to the AGM that I am troubling him by calling him repeatedly. Just imagine the audacity an officer has to speak like that against a customer who is suffering because of his poor service and that too to his AGM. Anyways, finally with the AGM's intervention the matter was resolved that day.

6. Next few years went smoothly but again faced an issue when converted it from MCLR to EBLR. Submitted cheque of 5K (fees) along with application. The cheque was cashed by SBI and in addition to that they debited my HL account for Rs. 11800. I kept on calling and mailing but nobody reverted for more than a month. Finally I complained to CPGRAMS and then they reversed on getting letter from the Ministry of Finance, GoI.

7. It was over a month which meant some amount of interest paid. I asked them to credit the same to my account but again no response and again CPGRAMS complaint and action after getting letter from the Ministry of Finance, GoI.

8. After such an eventful 10 years finally I received SMS asking me to visit branch and close the account as loan recovered. I went to the branch and they asked me to give an application. After submitting application they said it has to be verified from RACPC and then account will be closed. It will take 30-45 minutes. Although I didn't understand what needs to be verified as branch handles financial transactions and RACPC maintains documents and account was clearly showing 0 balance, I went back after 1 hour and waited for another before I lost my cool. I started by telling the lady my journey so far and she had the audacity to tell me you have resolved all your problems by closing the account. Just bear with us for some more time. On hearing this I lost my temper and shouted for the next 30 minutes till I got my NOC. On my way out entered the Chief Manager's cabin (10 years back it used to be AGM's cabin) and lent him a piece of my mind. He listened to me quietly and didn't say a word. I left.

9. Went to RACPC with the NOC to collect my deed and other documents. The person checked in his system and told me Rinn Raksha account is not closed. I told him it's zero balance but he said it needs to be closed before he can give me back my documents. I asked him what to do? He gave me a number to call the branch. I called but there was no answer, then he tried still no answer. Then I asked for the Chief Manager's number. He hesitated at first but then I told him my experience in the branch the previous day and that I will start shouting here too if he didn't give me the number. Then he finally gave the number and when I dialed, I was surprised to find that the number was already saved in my mobile as AGM's number from 10 years back. He didn't pick up the phone, and kept disconnecting. I messaged on WhatsApp and this time for the the time ever I got some support. He got the account closed in next 5 minutes and I got my documents back.

*** End of a Pathetic Banking Journey ***

Sharing my experience with HDFC Bank, Baghajatin Station Road Branch, Kolkata:

I have a wonderful experience with HDFC.
(Repost from here)

Got LTF some card 15+ years back which was later converted to moneyback card around 10+ years back. Been requesting for upgrade to LTF Regalia since 2020 - always rejected and offered paid Regalia.

Finally in 2022 I cancelled the moneyback card, even then they didn't offer LTF Regalia not even for retention of 15 year old customer. 3 months later I applied LTF Regalia and got immediate approval with 8L limit.

Asked cc for addon card for my wife but was told have to go to branch as she does not have account in HDFC bank. And this is where the most beautiful journey started. Below is the mail I wrote to the CEO of HDFC bank (names of officials changed).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is to complaint against the branch manager Ms. BM and Mr. XYZ of your Baghajatin Station Road Branch, Kolkata 700086.
  1. Branch manager Ms. BM gave me wrong information and sent me back
  2. Branch manager Ms. BM lied and denied about sending me back on the first day after giving me wrong information
  3. Mr. XYZ handed over my addon card application along with ID and address proof (self-attested Aadhaar card and PAN card copy) to someone who left all those documents unattended in a public place (ATM booth of your UN Brahmachari Street Branch)
Day – 1: I went to your Baghajatin Station Road branch and met Ms. BM and told her I want to apply for an add-on credit card for my wife. She sent me back saying that if my wife does not have an HDFC Bank savings account then she can’t get an addon credit card. I returned home and checked with customer care and they told me I can visit any branch and apply for addon credit card – this is the same info that I got on your website earlier and that is why I visited the branch in the first place.

Day – 2 (31st Jan): I went back to the branch and met Ms. BM again and told her what customer care told me. After hearing what customer care said, she gave me the number of Mr. ABC and asked me to contact him. Mr. ABC sent me the add-on card application form and asked me to fill it and submit it along with ID and address proof in your Baghajatin Station Road branch.

Day – 3 (2nd Feb): I handed over the application along with ID and address proof to Mr. XYZ in your Baghajatin Station Road branch and requested him to coordinate with Mr. ABC.

Day – 4 (7th Feb): Yesterday I got a call from your U N Brahmachari Street branch saying they found an unattended document (my add-on card application along with self-attested ID and address proof) lying in their ATM booth. I immediately called up Mr. ABC and asked him to collect the same which he did and later confirmed that he has couriered the same to your card center.

Day – 5 (8th Feb): Today morning I went back to the Baghajatin Station Road branch to enquire how they could be so irresponsible so as to leave my documents which contained sensitive information in open public place. It could have been picked up by anyone and could have been misused causing severe financial damage to me and your bank. I was not happy with the response I was getting from Mr. XYZ and we got into a heated argument. At this point Ms. BM came out of her cabin and asked Mr. XYZ to do the most weird thing – raise a complaint against U N Brahmachari Street branch. Is this how she is going to cover up the lapse on her part? Her representative left the documents in public place and she is going to blame it on someone else? She also blatantly lied about the fact that she sent me back on the first day with wrong information and said that she was trying to help me by giving me Mr. ABC’s number. She intentionally skipped the part that it was on day 2 that she gave me the number of Mr. ABC when I went back and told her what customer care said.

Is this how your senior officials like branch managers treat your customers?

Is this how your bank treats confidential documents of customers?

Request you to take disciplinary action against Ms. BM and Mr. XYZ and keep me posted on the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a call back same day late evening from Nodal Officer. He apologized earnestly for the lapse of service and provided his number. Asked me to call him directly if I ever face any issue in the future. I insisted on a written apology. He said he will instruct BM to send the same. Next day I got call from the BM. She wanted to come down to my home to apologize, incidentally she didn't have my address and was asking me where I lived. I knew meeting her at home won't be professional so I said I don't meet anyone at home and since currently it is WFH for us can't meet at office either. I was surprised that still she didn't ask me to visit branch and kept on insisting to come down and meet me. I told her that meeting is not required but I want a written apology to which she finally agreed and sent me below mail (names and contact information changed):

Dear Sir,

Greetings from HDFC Bank. Hope this mail finds you and your family in good health.

This is in reference to your recent communication with our bank pertaining to service related issues.

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused to you.

Senior officials have taken a serious note of your feedback and we have installed measures to ensure that this does not recur in the future.

We also understand that our branch staff XYZ has contacted you to inform you of the measures that have been taken.

We request you to treat this instance as an exception to the quality of service we provide and look forward to your continue patronage in the future.

Should you have any further concerns on the same issue, kindly write back to us from the same email ID and quote the reference number mentioned above.

If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you may write to our senior management, Mr PP at pp@hdfcbank.com.

Regards
BM
Branch Manager
Baghajatin Station Road Branch
HDFC BANK LTD
EMAIL ID--BM@hdfcbank.com
Ph No.--XXXX

AUSFB - Credit card misselling by the branch employee

Bandhan Bank - NPCI and RBI guidelines violation

SBI Savings A/C - PMJJBY unauthorised activation & cancellation

Sharing my experience with SBI, Jadavpur University Branch, Kolkata:

I had a tough 10 years journey with SBI for my Home Loan.
(Repost from here)

1. I did not check anything for the insurance option and they very conveniently added SBI RINN RAKSHA to my loan. When I refused to take it they said the loan offer will be cancelled if I don't take it and I have to make a fresh application. I was living in Mumbai at that time and came down to Kolkata just for the loan and going back and coming again would have cost nearly the same so I decided to go ahead with it. SBI earned 35K from me by selling an insurance I didn't need and didn't opt for. This is ROBBERY in broad daylight. My only mistake I didn't check "not required".

2. I opted for MaxGain (I DID check the box) but still they opened normal loan account. I didn't understand and put all money from my various accounts into the loan account but when I tried to withdraw I couldn't. Then on contacting branch official I came to know they had opened normal loan account and there is no way to withdraw the excess amount paid. I landed into a big financial trouble with no money available with me.

3. I asked them to convert it to MaxGain. First they refused. Then I reached out to AGM in RACPC, he said it can be done only if I had ticked the MaxGain option in my original application. They took about a month to check the documents which was lying in their own document locker and finally confirmed that I had indeed ticked the option.

4. They asked for Rs. 1000 as conversion fee. I refused to pay because it was their fault. They kept sending me letters for 3 months. I kept replying on email. Finally after 3 months got a letter stating the charges has been waived.

5. Even after converting to MaxGain I was not able to withdraw. Learnt from branch official that I have to make a separate written application to enable transactions. Again the situation was urgent for me to withdraw some money. I spent 350 bucks and couriered the application through BlueDart so that they get it next day. But this branch official was so casual he simply told me courier not received in spite of me sending him the POD. I had to call up branch AGM and he called that person and I could hear him saying out loud to the AGM that I am troubling him by calling him repeatedly. Just imagine the audacity an officer has to speak like that against a customer who is suffering because of his poor service and that too to his AGM. Anyways, finally with the AGM's intervention the matter was resolved that day.

6. Next few years went smoothly but again faced an issue when converted it from MCLR to EBLR. Submitted cheque of 5K (fees) along with application. The cheque was cashed by SBI and in addition to that they debited my HL account for Rs. 11800. I kept on calling and mailing but nobody reverted for more than a month. Finally I complained to CPGRAMS and then they reversed on getting letter from the Ministry of Finance, GoI.

7. It was over a month which meant some amount of interest paid. I asked them to credit the same to my account but again no response and again CPGRAMS complaint and action after getting letter from the Ministry of Finance, GoI.

8. After such an eventful 10 years finally I received SMS asking me to visit branch and close the account as loan recovered. I went to the branch and they asked me to give an application. After submitting application they said it has to be verified from RACPC and then account will be closed. It will take 30-45 minutes. Although I didn't understand what needs to be verified as branch handles financial transactions and RACPC maintains documents and account was clearly showing 0 balance, I went back after 1 hour and waited for another before I lost my cool. I started by telling the lady my journey so far and she had the audacity to tell me you have resolved all your problems by closing the account. Just bear with us for some more time. On hearing this I lost my temper and shouted for the next 30 minutes till I got my NOC. On my way out entered the Chief Manager's cabin (10 years back it used to be AGM's cabin) and lent him a piece of my mind. He listened to me quietly and didn't say a word. I left.

9. Went to RACPC with the NOC to collect my deed and other documents. The person checked in his system and told me Rinn Raksha account is not closed. I told him it's zero balance but he said it needs to be closed before he can give me back my documents. I asked him what to do? He gave me a number to call the branch. I called but there was no answer, then he tried still no answer. Then I asked for the Chief Manager's number. He hesitated at first but then I told him my experience in the branch the previous day and that I will start shouting here too if he didn't give me the number. Then he finally gave the number and when I dialed, I was surprised to find that the number was already saved in my mobile as AGM's number from 10 years back. He didn't pick up the phone, and kept disconnecting. I messaged on WhatsApp and this time for the the time ever I got some support. He got the account closed in next 5 minutes and I got my documents back.

*** End of a Pathetic Banking Journey ***
Their entire banking system has to be cursed to the moon and back. Useless fellows.

Unauthorized loan applications & CIBIL enquiries by Freo PayLater

Back