• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I accept LTF Regalia/Privilege or go for paid DCB?

BatmanDad

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello,

So I was browsing through the HDFC app and saw an option to upgrade my existing card. I just tapped it and gave consent to contacting me. The next day I was contacted by someone offering me LTF regalia and LTF Diner's Privilege. I honestly wanted DCB, but wondering if there's a point in getting any of those cards? The only point in getting Regalia I saw was that they're offering free Zomato gold annual membership.

Also weirdly enough, I was told that DCB would be offered at 5k INR instead of the usual 10k INR. So wondering if they're just trying to swindle me or is that a legitimate offer?

So would there be any point? Especially since I'd be sharing the limit of 3-ish lakh (that's what I was told about the limit) with my Millennia MasterCard CC (this is an assumption of mine since I read about it somewhere that limits are shared, could someone please correct me if I'm wrong?), or totally replace Millennia completely which I don't wanna do since Millennia is good value IMO, especially with the milestones etc. Millennia isn't LTF for me btw, but I'm easily crossing the fee reversal milestone.

For more context, my current CC set looks something like this:
  • ICICI HPCL Coral
  • HDFC Millennia
  • IDFC First Wealth
  • Axis Magnus
I'm just starting out, so any inputs would be awesome!
Thanks

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello,

So I was browsing through the HDFC app and saw an option to upgrade my existing card. I just tapped it and gave consent to contacting me. The next day I was contacted by someone offering me LTF regalia and LTF Diner's Privilege. I honestly wanted DCB, but wondering if there's a point in getting any of those cards? The only point in getting Regalia I saw was that they're offering free Zomato gold annual membership.

Also weirdly enough, I was told that DCB would be offered at 5k INR instead of the usual 10k INR. So wondering if they're just trying to swindle me or is that a legitimate offer?

So would there be any point? Especially since I'd be sharing the limit of 3-ish lakh (that's what I was told about the limit) with my Millennia MasterCard CC (this is an assumption of mine since I read about it somewhere that limits are shared, could someone please correct me if I'm wrong?), or totally replace Millennia completely which I don't wanna do since Millennia is good value IMO, especially with the milestones etc. Millennia isn't LTF for me btw, but I'm easily crossing the fee reversal milestone.

Inputs would depend quite a bit on what your spending looks like... If you cross 1 L a month, then it may make sense to put it all on your Magnus card. Remember Diners does not have universal acceptance (online and offline). If your spends are well below that, then there is probably no need for two paid credit cards (ie. Magnus and DCB). A LTF Regalia may be a good idea because it could lead down the road to a LTF DCB.

Also, if you decide to go for the paid DCB, ask for the 5K annual fee in writing - otherwise it's probably not legit (unlike the Magnus you will not receive any points or compensation for the DCB annual fee).

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
One more point: I thought DCB required a 5L CL. Since you are at 3L, even the offer of DCB may be rescinded when you actually ask for it. My suggestion: discuss this over email so you have written records.

BatmanDad

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Inputs would depend quite a bit on what your spending looks like... If you cross 1 L a month, then it may make sense to put it all on your Magnus card. Remember Diners does not have universal acceptance (online and offline). If your spends are well below that, then there is probably no need for two paid credit cards (ie. Magnus and DCB). A LTF Regalia may be a good idea because it could lead down the road to a LTF DCB.

Also, if you decide to go for the paid DCB, ask for the 5K annual fee in writing - otherwise it's probably not legit (unlike the Magnus you will not receive any points or compensation for the DCB annual fee).
So in the upcoming months, my spends would be crossing over 1L-2L for sure. My spends are usually not as planned as most people around here (which I'm gonna try and do) but from my spending patterns, I can say I spend close to 60k - 70k on an average easily on the lower spend months. But it sometimes does go limp like for this month, most of my cards sit at around 5k - 10k spent.

Also, I do wanna ask now that the spends are here, does it actually make sense for me to go for DCB anyways? Or is it gonna be just a gimmick and no benefits?

One more point: I thought DCB required a 5L CL. Since you are at 3L, even the offer of DCB may be rescinded when you actually ask for it. My suggestion: discuss this over email so you have written records.
Oh yea, that question was asked. The 3L limit is on Millennia. Others have higher limits over 5L. But yea, as you mentioned above, I'll get the TnC over the email. But please do provide your valuable inputs on this. Thanks.

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm also in support for Regalia LTF for now and then try DCB LTF later, since you already hold Magnus.

You can direct spends over 1L in a month to cards other than Magnus. This looks like the best value proposition

BatmanDad

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
So just got told that I can get either Diner's Privilege or Regalia LTF and as expected when asked for an email, I was told that the joining/annual fees is 10k.

I'm wondering if Diner's Privilege would be better since I can use the complimentary benefits.

Also, I read it somewhere that applying for credit cards within a small period of time can affect your CIBIL/Credit rating. Is that true? If so, is it true in this case for when I've not applied but am being offered the cards?

Thanks again for all the helpful replies.

If they are still offering you DCB, I would suggest to take it. Since it is upgrade you won't be charged first year fee and then after you can waive the next year fees by spending 5L.

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So just got told that I can get either Diner's Privilege or Regalia LTF and as expected when asked for an email, I was told that the joining/annual fees is 10k.

I'm wondering if Diner's Privilege would be better since I can use the complimentary benefits.

Also, I read it somewhere that applying for credit cards within a small period of time can affect your CIBIL/Credit rating. Is that true? If so, is it true in this case for when I've not applied but am being offered the cards?

Thanks again for all the helpful replies.
Several credit checks in a short duration will hurt your credit score by a few points. It won't be radical change if you have 2-3 but anymore can drag it down in double digits from what I recall

hello11

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Do not go for DCB if it's paid. Low acceptance, less reward multipliers and no return for fees paid is not worth the annual fee in my opinion.

amitalpha

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am also getting an option for getting Diner's Club Privilege LTF through an institutional offer, should I take that or ask for Regalia gold? any inputs on what could be more beneficial? my spending is not fixed at all and usually is when there is a sale.