• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I apply for a new credit card now or after starting home loan?

Hi. I have Infinia and Apay icici credit cards. I buy Amazon GV and SV from gyftr using Infinia. I pay my bills/insurance using Apay. But since the limit is only 10k on GV and SV, I am still short of 10-20k per month in Apay. So was thinking of getting another CC. Either Amex trifecta or Axis atlas. My wife has regalia gold which can also be used to buy Apay vouchers. But not sure which will give better returns.
I have a plan to take home loan in the next few months. So if I apply for a CC it may dent my CIBIL (currently 796).
My questions..
Should I take new CC? Amex or axis or any other?
Should I wait to get CC till I start home loan?

wait till home loan and apply (only if the plan is next 2 or 3 months), if its longer plan then can apply immediately and your score won't affect much by that time. but consider gap between applications when availing home loan.

Hi. I have Infinia and Apay icici credit cards. I buy Amazon GV and SV from gyftr using Infinia. I pay my bills/insurance using Apay. But since the limit is only 10k on GV and SV, I am still short of 10-20k per month in Apay. So was thinking of getting another CC. Either Amex trifecta or Axis atlas. My wife has regalia gold which can also be used to buy Apay vouchers. But not sure which will give better returns.
I have a plan to take home loan in the next few months. So if I apply for a CC it may dent my CIBIL (currently 796).
My questions..
Should I take new CC? Amex or axis or any other?
Should I wait to get CC till I start home loan?
whats with your username

दानव Cardaryen

😂

Tv Show News GIF by CBBC

Leader board change in untaggable names
1st prize 🏆 @दानव Cardaryen
2nd prize 🏆 @R@J
3rd prize 🏆 @D₹V

So
demons 👿 > humans 🧒 > animals 🙀

Last edited:
wait till home loan and apply (only if the plan is next 2 or 3 months), if its longer plan then can apply immediately and your score won't affect much by that time. but consider gap between applications when availing home loan.
Not sure when home loan is going to start. Depends on when the builder gives me a notice that he'll cancel the booking if I don't start the loan. Have been delaying it since 1 yr! :D

Back