• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I apply for BOB Easy CC? Help.

n00b

TF Select
Hi,

I recently opened a BOB Advantage Savings account.

Now I'm considering getting a BOB Easy Rupay CC to use when UPI is enabled. Do they easily approve it?
I'm also thinking about it because they're offering LTF, which will apparently expire on March 31, 2023.

However, I have a few reservations:

- I had a bad CIBIL hit in February, which dropped my score from 744 to 724 and is now recovering. (732 at the moment).

- Is there another Rupay CC that can be easily approved so that I can use it on UPI?

- I have a OneCard FD and an APay ICICI credit card with a low limit, so I'm not sure if they'll work for C2C.

- I have a Tata Neu FYF Offer, but I'm not sure if I'll get LTF later, so I'm passing on it.

Should I apply for BOB Easy or forego Rupay on UPI for the time being? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Hi,

Now I'm considering getting a BOB Easy Rupay CC to use when UPI is enabled. Do they easily approve it?
I'm also thinking about it because they're offering LTF, which will apparently expire on March 31, 2023.

- I had a bad CIBIL hit in February, which dropped my score from 744 to 724 and is now recovering. (732 at the moment).

- Is there another Rupay CC that can be easily approved so that I can use it on UPI?

- I have a OneCard FD and an APay ICICI credit card with a low limit, so I'm not sure if they'll work for C2C.

- I have a Tata Neu FYF Offer, but I'm not sure if I'll get LTF later, so I'm passing on it.

Should I apply for BOB Easy or forego Rupay on UPI for the time being? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Yes rupay upi gone live so use it now with Tata neu
Currently no limit on 1.5% rewards on upi spends

Hi,

Thanks
BoB has a secure "Prime" card you could get based on FD. That comes in RuPay too.

They also seem eager to give away Snapdeal cards.

Reason of rejection?

This is what they said.
We are in receipt of your application 2303239000XXXXX for Bank of Baroda credit card.

After a careful review of your application, we regret to inform that we are unable to issue a credit card at this time basis our internal risk criteria.

Please note that the current decision is in no way reflective of your credit worthiness, and we will be happy to process your application when you apply again with updated financial information at a later date, as per our guidelines.

If you believe that we have missed something or misread your information or if you have any additional information like additional income, etc. that you wish to submit that might influence our decision, please feel free to mail us at acquisition@bobfinancial.com and we will be happy to consider the same.

This is what they said.
What all did you submit? Do you know your CIBIL score?

Banks tend to view people having accounts with them more favourably -- I certainly think BoB does. This is especially true of Salary accounts -- in fact, salary accounts with BoB come with a LTF cards as even I just discovered!

Anyway, lot of banks are issuing RuPay cards now - I hear PNB is relatively easy to get one from. Especially PNB Platinum should be very easy.

What all did you submit? Do you know your CIBIL score?

Banks tend to view people having accounts with them more favourably -- I certainly think BoB does. This is especially true of Salary accounts -- in fact, salary accounts with BoB come with a LTF cards as even I just discovered!

Anyway, lot of banks are issuing RuPay cards now - I hear PNB is relatively easy to get one from. Especially PNB Platinum should be very easy.
Right. I'm trying to get ICICI Coral Rupay.

Right. I'm trying to get ICICI Coral Rupay.
Oh, you have primary account with ICICI? Unfortunately even its RuPay cards aren't on UPI.

Btw I'm surprised BoB rejected Easy even though you have a savings account -- I think transacting often from it and having a reasonable balance will help.

Oh, you have primary account with ICICI? Unfortunately even its RuPay cards aren't on UPI.

Btw I'm surprised BoB rejected Easy even though you have a savings account -- I think transacting often from it and having a reasonable balance will help.
No, I don't have an account with ICICI. Yeah, I will try to reapply after few months.

I just want a Rupay card for UPI usage. But, I don't want another FD based card as I already have one.
Which is your FD based card? How old is it? Have you checked your credit score?

You can ask the FD card bank for an unsecured card, say once you've paid back the sixth statement in full.

Which is your FD based card? How old is it? Have you checked your credit score?
OneCard FD based. My current CIBIL score is 755 (refreshed today)

You can ask the FD card bank for an unsecured card, say once you've paid back the sixth statement in full.
Oh, I had no idea about this. I don't have any bank issued FD based card. But still, thanks for sharing.

Back