• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I apply for HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card?

mle

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of applying for the regalia card online. My CIBIL score is 784. I have around 2 years of credit history. All my cards are co-branded with the highest credit limit of 150K. My salary account is with IndusInd.
But, I have the required net salary. My hdfc savings account is around a week old. It's a digisave youth account.
I want to know what are my chances of getting that card now. What should be my strategy? If I apply online and it's rejected can I apply again after 6 months?
Will applying online reduce the chances of a pre-approved offer?

Last edited:
Solution
The revised floor limit of HDFC Regalia is 3L. So for card to card application, you need to have at least 3L credit limit on the card you're applying against. The best bet for you is the Millennia as of now.
If you want Regalia, at this moment is to open a Preferred account and maintain 3L+ AMB or 10L+ NRV with them for next 6-7 months for a pre-approved offer with Regalia. This only applies if you're not matching the prescribed income criteria
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of applying for the regalia card online. My CIBIL score is 784. I have around 2 years of credit history. All my cards are co-branded with the highest credit limit of 150K. My salary account is with IndusInd.
But, I have the required net salary. My hdfc savings account is around a week old. It's a digisave youth account.
I want to know what are my chances of getting that card now. What should be my strategy? If I apply online and it's rejected can I apply again after 6 months?
Any reason for taking digisave youth account?

Hello everyone,

If you have the required net salary, you can apply with 3 months salary slip ig

Should I convert the account to savings max before applying?

I don’t think converting is necessary to apply for it. But if you’re planning to use the account for a long time, savings max is the best.

You will get pre approved offer from HDFC after 3-6 months only.

The revised floor limit of HDFC Regalia is 3L. So for card to card application, you need to have at least 3L credit limit on the card you're applying against. The best bet for you is the Millennia as of now.
If you want Regalia, at this moment is to open a Preferred account and maintain 3L+ AMB or 10L+ NRV with them for next 6-7 months for a pre-approved offer with Regalia. This only applies if you're not matching the prescribed income criteria

Solution
Does NRV include only FD's and Savings, Current Acc balance or does it also include Ulip, MF & Investments through Hdfc.....?

I applied for regalia online using my salary slip and got approved for the card with a 3.75l limit. In the net banking in card type, it says "MC EMV WORLD REGALIA CARD DOM". So, I guess my card is on the MasterCard platform.

What does "DOM" mean? Is the card eligible only for domestic usage?
My parents have a joint account with hdfc. Can I apply for add-on cards for both of them? I want to make the card LTF using this method.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I don't have a HDFC savings account.
I had applied for a Regalia credit card on C2C basis with an existing limit of 5L+ on other credit card but they processed my application for Millennia instead of Regalia. Then I escalated the issue with Nodal Office, didn't get a proper response, then I escalated to Principal Nodal Office, again they were not ready to consider my application. However, when I pointed out the eligibility requirements and clearly stated that I will complain to RBI via Grievance Redressal, they asked me for additional documents like salary slip and bank statement. I send all the documents, after a day they sent me the upgrade form and asked to fill it. They approved Regalia card LTF that day itself.
If your net salary is 1L+, they will definitely consider issuing Regalia credit card, existing card limit shouldn't matter.

I don't have a HDFC savings account.
I had applied for a Regalia credit card on C2C basis with an existing limit of 5L+ on other credit card but they processed my application for Millennia instead of Regalia. Then I escalated the issue with Nodal Office, didn't get a proper response, then I escalated to Principal Nodal Office, again they were not ready to consider my application. However, when I pointed out the eligibility requirements and clearly stated that I will complain to RBI via Grievance Redressal, they asked me for additional documents like salary slip and bank statement. I send all the documents, after a day they sent me the upgrade form and asked to fill it. They approved Regalia card LTF that day itself.
If your net salary is 1L+, they will definitely consider issuing Regalia credit card, existing card limit shouldn't matter.
I applied for regalia using salary slips and got the approval yesterday.

Back