• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I open ICICI basic savings account, since here it shows all of its services as free?

U won't be able to open this account.... No private bank will open bsdba account that easily.... Employees are discouraged from opening this account... Else they will get scolding from higher officials.... Without complain to higher authority u wont be able to open it.....

U won't be able to open this account.... No private bank will open bsdba account that easily.... Employees are discouraged from opening this account... Else they will get scolding from higher officials.... Without complain to higher authority u wont be able to open it.....
Yeah true. Few days back a friend of mine wanted to open Axis 0 bal account. We went to Axis branch and they denied opening this account saying it could only be opened by speaking to Axis customer service and upon speaking to customer service they said it could only be done at Axis branches. So they were just playing passing the ball.

Yeah true. Few days back a friend of mine wanted to open Axis 0 bal account. We went to Axis branch and they denied opening this account saying it could only be opened by speaking to Axis customer service and upon speaking to customer service they said it could only be done at Axis branches. So they were just playing passing the ball.
Wow, It's seems like a marketing gimmick, just to look good in Rbi and govt compliance book.

Don't open basic savings accounts because it has maximum balance restriction and lots of other restrictions. If someday somehow this limits are exceeded will account will be freezed. Rather go for SBI regular savings account. It's zero balance account but you need to pay Rs. 147.50 per year for debit card and nominal sms alert fee.

Kindly enlighten me, if this is best account or some trick. As it shows charges as Nil for all of major its services.

Will this be fine, if my requirements are just upi, free debit card, free sms.

Basic Savings Bank Account - Service and Charges
The same account is with HDFC Bank, I had opened it a year ago by visiting their branch and on the same day they had provided me the debit card kit in the branch within one hour.

Back