• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I try to get Infinia with low expenses but with high income

dotastorm

TF Neo
Hi guys,

I was wondering whether I should open a salary account with HDFC to try to get the Infinia credit card. My current net income after taxes would be above the 3L limit mentioned for an Imperia Account. The only thing is that it's unlikely I will get it LTF, and my annual expenses will be lower than the 10L milestone for the waiver.

Currently, my typical credit card bill would be ~25K per month. Once in a while, I will buy something extra; let's say this is ~1 - 1.5L a year. I usually also travel 2-3 times a year, which usually adds ~1 - 1.5L a year. So, total, that would be ~5-6L a year in total expenses.

Currently, I have the following cards:
  • SBI Cashback (paid)
  • Axis Flipkart (LTF)
  • Kotak Privy League Signature (LTF, old salary account)
I am leaning towards getting it. The only thing is how much value will it add on top of the SBI Cashback (especially with double-dipping). I also saw some posts mentioning limits on how much value of vouchers you can buy at a time from Gyftr, and then some concern on the actual value of the reward points being less than 100% as you sometimes can get it cheaper elsewhere. I am not sure how much of that is true. Considering all of this, do you think it is worthwhile for me to try to open a new account and get Infinia?

Try and ask if without opening the salary account and just by the salary slips, you are offered Infinia. Also, judging from my experience, it can be useful for you if you do you some spend and return analysis. Infinia suits travellers and if you are low spender then you also wouldn't need to worry about the limits much.

Infinia has been my primary card from usage of 20k/month to even 5-10 lakhs. It is definitely worth it, if you can be eligible for the same. Even after opening a salary account, it might be a bit difficult to get infinia right away. It is definitely useful, if major portion of your expense can be redeemed from Smartbuy 5x multiplier coz that results in 16.5% RP (which in turn can be used in 70:30 ratio so that overall rate does reduce a bit realistically),

The smartbuy rewards are one of the USPs of infinia and definitely unbeatable. Yes, the accelerated rewards are capped but with your expense of 25k, I don't think you will hit the cap right away.

And coming to fees: Rs 12500+GST is almost claimable back with 12500 renewal points (redeemable 1:1 for tanishq and apple). Net loss is majorly the GST paid even if you do not use the card a single penny. For that amount, you are getting one of the premium cards, unlimited lounge access, golf, concierge facilities, ITC 1+1 buffet & quite more

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM
Hi guys,

I was wondering whether I should open a salary account with HDFC to try to get the Infinia credit card. My current net income after taxes would be above the 3L limit mentioned for an Imperia Account. The only thing is that it's unlikely I will get it LTF, and my annual expenses will be lower than the 10L milestone for the waiver.

Currently, my typical credit card bill would be ~25K per month. Once in a while, I will buy something extra; let's say this is ~1 - 1.5L a year. I usually also travel 2-3 times a year, which usually adds ~1 - 1.5L a year. So, total, that would be ~5-6L a year in total expenses.

Currently, I have the following cards:
  • SBI Cashback (paid)
  • Axis Flipkart (LTF)
  • Kotak Privy League Signature (LTF, old salary account)
I am leaning towards getting it. The only thing is how much value will it add on top of the SBI Cashback (especially with double-dipping). I also saw some posts mentioning limits on how much value of vouchers you can buy at a time from Gyftr, and then some concern on the actual value of the reward points being less than 100% as you sometimes can get it cheaper elsewhere. I am not sure how much of that is true. Considering all of this, do you think it is worthwhile for me to try to open a new account and get Infinia?
Apply offline via agent/try online too if you see Infinia on application page (probably you won't see)

Direct Infinia via income document possible.

Back