• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I upgrade from millennia to HDFC Privilege?

I currently have an HDFC Diners Club millennia card with a 3L limit and I am offered an upgrade to Diners privilege. The current millennia card is an LTF card but the upgrade they are giving has an annual fee of Rs. 2500/-. Is the upgrade worth it? I checked with the bank for an LTF upgrade but they said it's not possible.

I currently have an HDFC Diners Club millennia card with a 3L limit and I am offered an upgrade to Diners privilege. The current millennia card is an LTF card but the upgrade they are giving has an annual fee of Rs. 2500/-. Is the upgrade worth it? I checked with the bank for an LTF upgrade but they said it's not possible.
It depends on your usage. Millennia LTF is a very good card to have in the portfolio. So think many times before upgrading.

Not at all worthy. DCP is trash in the name of upgrade from Millenia. And even more useless when they're giving it paid.

Only three cards of HDFC are worthy: Millenia, DCB (to some extent) & Infinia. Millenia LTF is way better card. Don't upgrade (so called) it.

The only usage where DCP trumps Millenia is when you use it for reward multipliers of 5x and 10x. Otherwise Millenia is better. But a LTF Millenia is better than paid DCP.

They've been prompting me to upgrade to Regalia Gold FYF from Millennia LTF. Since you are on diners, probably they are offering Privilege. If you don't have other cards with lounge access covering tier 2 cities, that could perhaps be the only reason in favor of an upgrade. Even for that, try getting IndusInd Legend, PNB Rupay Select or any other worthwhile cards, rather than going for this upgrade. For me its not even an upgrade, think Millennia is a better card.

From a phone call to a Branch person via my ex AXIS RM.
I am told these LTF cards are possible to offer.
HDFC C2C 5L via Branch: LTF offered Regalia Gold, Diner Club Privilege, Millenia. Pros/ Cons? Others?

HDFC C2C 5L: LTF offered Regalia Gold, Diner Club Privilege, Millenia. Pros/ Cons?

CIBIL: 778/780

Spoke to HDFC Branch person through a former Axis RM.

They "CANT" offer Infinia LTF right at onset.

What're the best/ highest ones of these being offered?

What are pros & cons based on..

• Its Current vs Future benefits / upgradeability ?
  • Its usage as a Placeholder for "future" better Card Upgrades/ Higher Cards as LTF?
  • In future, lets say if Mag devals or I move from Burgundy and an HDFC card like Infinia or DCB becomes "tempting"
Currently:

• AXIS Magnus (+ Burgundy DC, so looking at converting to Mag Burgundy)
  • AXIS World Privilege (might close)
  • SBI CB
  • APAY + ICICI Platinum
  • MRCC (got last week, not sure if I'll keep it by end of term).
  • BOB applied, pending docs
  • OneCard (applied accidentally one night post signup for OneScore App)

It depends on your usage. Millennia LTF is a very good card to have in the portfolio. So think many times before upgrading.
Not at all worthy. DCP is trash in the name of upgrade from Millenia. And even more useless when they're giving it paid.
Even if LTF its not worth? How does Regalia/ Regalia Gold compare?
Only three cards of HDFC are worthy: Millenia, DCB (to some extent) & Infinia.
Millenia LTF is way better card. Don't upgrade (so called) it.
The only usage where DCP trumps Millenia is when you use it for reward multipliers of 5x and 10x. Otherwise Millenia is better. But a LTF Millenia is better than paid DCP.
Even if LTF its not worth? How does Regalia/ Regalia Gold compare?
PS: RP multiplier for?
They've been prompting me to upgrade to Regalia Gold FYF from Millennia LTF.
Pros vs Cons?
Since you are on diners, probably they are offering Privilege.

Back