• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Singapore - Guide on self planned trip

anishcode

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Just trying to share thoughts and confusion at my end. Please help me guys if any one has travelled or planned in such a way.

Totally self planned trip for 8 (includes couple, parents, family)
  1. Flights and Hotels - can be booked via points but running low considering number of people we are. So will go through MMT/agoda etc...
  2. Airport Lounges- I have cards like
    • Magnus (3) + PP (1)
    • regalia
    • Neu
    • Wealth + Dreamfolks
    • ICICI MMT card + Dreamfolks
    • HSBC
    • Will these enough to cover everyone's domestic and international lounges?
  3. Internal transfers -
  4. Activities in Singapore - klook and thrillophillia
  5. Cruise - A big confusion. Which one to select ? And Where to book?
    • Genting Dream
    • Royal Carribian - Spectrum of seas.
  6. Visa - Still not sure and will update further.

Do help and guide and suggest wherever possible,🙏👍✌️😇

saketreddy

TF Premier
While departing from SIN, almost all lounges who accept PP, check names thoroughly. If u have enough guest visits on magnus, then no issues.

Try flights and hotels in travel edge. Hotels, look in Bugis/City hall area (Swissotel, fairmont, intercontinental, etc) or near MBS or Orchard (Any indian restaurant will deliver in 20 mins) unless u want particularly in little india. Very convenient and close to everything.

Mostly flights will be better in travel edge.

Cabs/public transport depends upon personal preference.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Changi airport has a lot to see inside. Each terminal has something unique and very easy to passtime.

You can download Changi airport app to search for attrations and location of lounges. Unless you are tried, I suggest spending time at terminals and not waste time searching for lounge. Eat at lounge only if it close to the attractions you want to see.

We went to philipines in 2018, we had a 16hrs layover at Singapore (thanks to wife and her friends who wanted book the flight that is least expensive). Spent most of it sightseeing in the terminals and went on the free 2hrs tour around singapore organized by the airport. Even this time was not sufficent to cover everything at airport. We only got tired walking around.

Its just my opinion.

Testcc

TF Buzz
If you want value for money, best to stay at YMCA One Orchard. Its next to Dhoby Ghaut MRT and very convenient to move anywhere in SG. It's a basic no-nonsense hotel for family stay.

what card would be best for spending there? also for tickets i have seen travel edge recommendation a number of times but i haven't ever used it & have only Axis FKT & Airtel axis card.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
what card would be best for spending there? also for tickets i have seen travel edge recommendation a number of times but i haven't ever used it & have only Axis FKT & Airtel axis card.
I don’t think you get any benefits by using axis flipkart or Airtel card.

Note that diners card is not accepted in most places in Singapore.
What other credit cards do you have ?

I don’t think you get any benefits by using axis flipkart or Airtel card.

Note that diners card is not accepted in most places in Singapore.
What other credit cards do you have ?
i have one card(Federal), IDFC select, HDFC neu+, Indus Legend, HSBC plat, icici amazon/coral. Dad has regalia, AU zenith,

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I know about ICICI amazon, coral, Tata neu and hdfc regalia only. Of these hdfc regalia with global value program enabled is the best.

Regalia has 2% Forex markup charges but you get 1% back (upto 1k per cycle) if you enable global value program.

Just trying to share thoughts and confusion at my end. Please help me guys if any one has travelled or planned in such a way.

Totally self planned trip for 8 (includes couple, parents, family)
  1. Flights and Hotels - can be booked via points but running low considering number of people we are. So will go through MMT/agoda etc...
  2. Airport Lounges- I have cards like
    • Magnus (3) + PP (1)
    • regalia
    • Neu
    • Wealth + Dreamfolks
    • ICICI MMT card + Dreamfolks
    • HSBC
    • Will these enough to cover everyone's domestic and international lounges?
  3. Internal transfers-
  4. Activities in Singapore - klook and thrillophillia
  5. Cruise - A big confusion. Which one to select ? And Where to book?
    • Genting Dream
    • Royal Carribian - Spectrum of seas.
  6. Visa - Still not sure and will update further.

Do help and guide and suggest wherever possible,🙏👍✌️😇
what cruise did you choose?