• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Solved] - After How many Months can we apply for a new SBI Card after the last one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am asking this , basically for Merging Limit of the newly applied card with the previous/old SBI Card .
So Can I apply for fresh SBI Card after every 3 months ? Which would mean 1 enquiry per quarter .

Solution
General SAFE method would be to wait for 6 months before re-applying and letting your CIBIL heal from past enquiry. However you need not compulsorily follow this. You can re-applying after 3 months too to give it a shot. However, they might reject your application on the basis of their banks policy.
I think you can apply anytime
There is no cool-down for SBI
One needs to wait for 6 months, if the application is rejected. If it is approved, then 3 months (the time required for reporting to credit bureaus). They may report it immediately, but still 3 months is preferrable

I don't think so
I was applying for a new card, after the first one was rejected, because the stupid employee/agent (those who roam in the mall) put my address wrong. While re-applying through branch, I was told to wait for 60 days. (sometime back). Upon asking, the employee said that the cooldown period is 6 months

My card got rejected first time through Bajaj Finserv they entered my name incorrectly. Second time applied thought agent (She only called me) Checked the system and told there is 30 days waiting period. After 30 days she called me took my income and id documents and applied. Card got approved. Total time taken second time was exactly 7 days till i received the card (SBI Prime). CIBIL 731, Limit 136K. Got priority pass within 2 days of applying. Waiting for CV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back