• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Stan C Manhattan Card - Cashback Redemption Changes

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Folks,

I am using Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card for over 6 years now. This card gives 5% cashback for spends at Supermarkets (covers DMart etc).

It has an yearly fees but they do waive off basis the spends / relationship.

Key Change which I observed today: Minimum eligible amount to transfer cashback - Rs 500/- (it goes as statement credit)

Earlier there was no such limit and I have transferred even Rs 15 etc. Further note that each primary / add-on card need to be eligible individually.

1692021804745.png

In SC, one earn cashback as per spends done per card (so primary and addons are treated separately)

So now with this change:

One needs to get min. Rs 500 cashback to be eligible for redemption.
Better to use only one card (across primary or addons) and concentrate spends, to avoid split of cashback across primary/addons.

Sharing for other fellow users' awareness.

I learnt only when was trying to redeem. Don't think any intimation came to me

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Folks,

I am using Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card for over 6 years now. This card gives 5% cashback for spends at Supermarkets (covers DMart etc).

It has an yearly fees but they do waive off basis the spends / relationship.

Key Change which I observed today: Minimum eligible amount to transfer cashback - Rs 500/- (it goes as statement credit)

Earlier there was no such limit and I have transferred even Rs 15 etc. Further note that each primary / add-on card need to be eligible individually.

1692021804745.png

In SC, one earn cashback as per spends done per card (so primary and addons are treated separately)

So now with this change:

One needs to get min. Rs 500 cashback to be eligible for redemption.
Better to use only one card (across primary or addons) and concentrate spends, to avoid split of cashback across primary/addons.

Sharing for other fellow users' awareness.

I learnt only when was trying to redeem. Don't think any intimation came to me
Does it covers all the department stores and supermarket ?

cc24x7

TF Premier
Has the Standard Chartered Bank stopped issuing new SC Manhattan cards? I have this as LTF, which is one of my old cards.
Is there any best upgrade from this card to another SC card?

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Has the Standard Chartered Bank stopped issuing new SC Manhattan cards? I have this as LTF, which is one of my old cards.
Is there any best upgrade from this card to another SC card?
No they are issuing i recently got this but am not still getting USP of this card :(
You can upgrade to ultimate if you have 4 lakh limit and no history of late payment