• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest Correct Combination of Credit Card for Travel

ssng.89

TF Buzz
Recently, I've accumulated quite a few credit cards as follow:-

1. HDFC Regalia Gold,
2. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity,
3. HDFC Swiggy (LTF),
4. Axis Airtel (for Airtel Broadband payments),
5. Axis Flipkart (LTF),
6. American Express Platinum Travel Card,
7. Yes Marquee Card,
8. IDFC Mayura (only for the first year),
9. IDFC First Select,
10. PNB Rupay Select,
11. ICICI Amazon Pay,
12. SBI BPCL.
13. Axis Magnus (closed the card)

However, the one card I’m unable to get is the HDFC Infinia, which I’ve been wanting for a while. I travel frequently and am specifically looking for a card with zero foreign currency markup. Could you suggest the best card for 0 FCY? How is AU Ixigo? RBL World Safari is not serviceable in my area. Do you feel Yes Marque is good to use ?

Could the experts here suggest an ideal combination of cards from what I currently have, or recommend any additional cards that could better suit my needs? Also, if there are any cards in my portfolio that you think aren’t worth keeping, I’d love to hear your thoughts along with reasons.

Your advice would be much appreciated!

Reactions: SSV
Infinia comes with FX charges of 2% + GST. So with your card portfolio only Yes Bank Marquee gets net FX charges of 1.2% including GST and more rewards compared to Mayura with 0% FX

Last edited:

1. HDFC Regalia Gold,
3. HDFC Swiggy (LTF),
5. Axis Flipkart (LTF),
7. Yes Marquee Card,
9. IDFC First Select,
10. PNB Rupay Select,
11. ICICI Amazon Pay,
12. SBI BPCL.

However, the one card I’m unable to get is the HDFC Infinia, which I’ve been wanting for a while. I travel frequently and am specifically looking for a card with zero foreign currency markup. Could you suggest the best card for 0 FCY? How is AU Ixigo? RBL World Safari is not serviceable in my area. Do you feel Yes Marque is good to use ?

Could the experts here suggest an ideal combination of cards from what I currently have, or recommend any additional cards that could better suit my needs? Also, if there are any cards in my portfolio that you think aren’t worth keeping, I’d love to hear your thoughts along with reasons.

From your current portfolio
IDFC Mayura for all your international spends,
0 markup fee along with some RP

From your current portfolio
IDFC Mayura for all your international spends,
0 markup fee along with some RP
IDFC Mayura is not that rewarding, will close it on the 11th month. Any other card with 0 FCY mark up fee Card? RBL world safari is not available to me. I heard of AU Ixigo, is it good?

IDFC Mayura is not that rewarding, will close it on the 11th month. Any other card with 0 FCY mark up fee Card? RBL world safari is not available to me. I heard of AU Ixigo, is it good?
I don’t know about AU ixigo

AU Ixigo is good, rewards points are almost non existent but 0 forex and LTF is key benefit. It is offered in VISA and RuPay variant.
BUT if you get this card, you can't get any other card from AU.

Mayura has a better reward structure than AU Ixigo!

Use Mayura for now.... think about a new zero forex card after 10 months when you are closer to close Mayura

1. HDFC Regalia Gold,
3. HDFC Swiggy (LTF),
5. Axis Flipkart (LTF),
7. Yes Marquee Card,
9. IDFC First Select,
10. PNB Rupay Select,
11. ICICI Amazon Pay,
12. SBI BPCL.

Try to apply for Olympus offline on card to card basis for foreign spends
it has 8% return for foreign spends and very low forex markup of 2.124%

Always choose to pay in the local foreign currency and not in Indian rupees, to avoid the automatic forex markup on the swipe machine, which could be more than 4.13%

Last edited:
8.00% - 2.124% is your net profit on foreign expenses.
Never be happy with merely 0% forex markup, you need to make a profit also

Last edited:
Back