• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest next logical card

nanauser

TF Buzz
Hi everyone, been a long time lurker here and I am again at this point where I am thinking that I need to get a new card for fitting some of my needs. Posting the question here as the need for the card is even more urgent than I had anticipated as I need to pay ~2.2L in income tax payment, preferably as soon as possible to avoid interests and so on.

I (and my partner) are into travel and so ideally I would like a card that helps me get more of those things (for less). As of now, following are the cards that I have (excluding ones that I think are not good enough with less limits and no good offers):

1. Amex Plat Travel - This would be the ideal choice here but I have already hit the 4L milestone 2 months back so I will need to wait another 10 months to use it.
2. Amex Gold Charge, Amex MRCC - I don't think either of these are useful for the large transaction I am thinking of
3. SBI CB - I don't have a big enough limit on this but I can try to request a limit upgrade here (only have 50k limit)
4. Amazon ICICI - Again, not big enough limit though I can request one if this seems to be a good card for this use

I was thinking of getting a miles/airline card as that would be ideal given that with the amex cards I can get free stays. I already have a relationship with IDFC and hold their milennia CC (with 2.5L limit) and am a select customer but they just seem to be too reluctant to give me any other card. I tried for Wealth and they rejected stating internal policies.

I also tried for SBI Club Vistara but it got rejected stating internal policies as well. At this point, I have mailed SBI to get a clarification on this ( and possibly apply C2C with the amex plat) but I don't have much hope there.

A while back I was getting the IDFC Vistara pre-approved, I am not sure if that is still an option but wondering if I should just go with it.

I am not considering any Axis cards because I already have a few of them and I don't think any of them are worth it for me (after the devaluation). Atlas comes the closest but gold shopping and govt payment being blacklisted is a deal breaker.

Please suggest a card that I should ideally go for as my next card and possibly use it for the tax payment. Separately, open to suggestions on which one of the existing cards I should use for tax payment (if I cannot get another card in the next few days)

I will suggest to go with IDFC vistara, Since you arleady have relation with IDFC & got pre approved offer for that card. The card will be ready to use with in a hour of applying (if Pre approved) considering your urgency. The is the second best card for Vistara after SBI Vistara Prime & can fetch good return of around 7-8% in the form of Air tickets.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Appreciate it.

I will suggest to go with IDFC vistara, Since you arleady have relation with IDFC & got pre approved offer for that card. The card will be ready to use with in a hour of applying (if Pre approved) considering your urgency. The is the second best card for Vistara after SBI Vistara Prime & can fetch good return of around 7-8% in the form of Air tickets.
I ended up getting it. It was actually still pre-approved so got it within few minutes. Thanks to my RM for getting it done as the link that I had got to apply for it had expired and I had not gotten any links recently for them.

Try getting Highend HDFC Biz Card.
They will fetch points for these payments.
I checked it but I think given HDFC's policy, they won't give the card to me plus I don't have the required ITR at this moment. Perhaps after I file this FY's tax, I will be eligible for it. I will keep this card in mind as I too think that it is a no brainer for tax payments etc.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Back