• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest ways to plan international flights (~4L) & spends

Vivek86

TF Buzz
Hi Guys

We are is planning 2 international trips in the coming year. Please suggest the best way to minimise costs.

CC: Infinia, Sapphiro ( MC+Amex), Apay

Spends:
1. Trip 1 (Sep’24): Flights 90k, Hotel 90k, Others: 1.2L
2. Trip 2 (May’25): Flights 4L, Online shopping: 1L, Car rental: 1L, Others: 2L (stay will mostly be with F&F)

Additional info:
1. We travel economy and stay in budget hotels.
2. Despite my best efforts I have not been able to grasp airmiles game. Further, after these trips we don’t expect any trips for next 2 years. So CC with airmiles would be lower preference.
3. I want to do min 2-3L spends on Infinia to reach 10L annual spend criteria

Till now have been using smartbuy but will loose out lot of points due to monthly cap. Open to suggestion of getting new cards.

Current plan is to use Infinia to earn points from trip 1 to reduce Trip 2 flight cost. Though might still loose a lot due to monthly cap.

Hi Guys

We are is planning 2 international trips in the coming year. Please suggest the best way to minimise costs.

Spends:
2. Trip 2 (May’25): Flights 4L, Online shopping: 1L, Car rental: 1L, Others: 2L (stay will mostly be with F&F)

Additional info:
2. Despite my best efforts I have not been able to grasp airmiles game. Further, after these trips we don’t expect any trips for next 2 years. So CC with airmiles would be lower preference.

Till now have been using smartbuy but will loose out lot of points due to monthly cap. Open to suggestion of getting new cards.

Current plan is to use Infinia to earn points from trip 1 to reduce Trip 2 flight cost. Though might still loose a lot due to monthly cap.
Well 4L on amex plat travel can help to achieve both yearly milestone.
See what max you can use on Infinia (since it is best) + direct some good amount on plat travel (at least 1.9L & best 4L).
It is first year free so you can close after 1 year if you are not able to achieve milestones.

Hi Guys

Spends:

Additional info:

Looking at your cards, You can only maximize rewards on spending on Smartbuy and get tickets within monthly capping.

- As you said you're open on getting new cards, you can try getting Atlas card or Amex Plat travel (4L milestone can bring you good reward rate - Many threads on TF you can refer)

If you are not getting other cards just hit the Annual milestone on Infinia.

Well 4L on amex plat travel can help to achieve both yearly milestone.
See what max you can use on Infinia (since it is best) + direct some good amount on plat travel (at least 1.9L & best 4L).
It is first year free so you can close after 1 year if you are not able to achieve milestones.
Yes, Infinia is good. Especially if I can use trip 1 and other expenses to reach closer to the 1.5L points redemption limit.
Will check Amex travel. Thanks.

Back