• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestion for a Phone/OS Change

keerthirahul123

TF Buzz
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Friends,

i have been with iphone from 3G model days. Been over 15 years I have been in the ios world. For a change wanted to try the Samsung Fold 5.

Few things about the usage.
Will be using for both official and personal use.
Have used all models from iPhone 3g(except 8 and 13)
Official & personal laptop is MacBook
Have Airpods and apple watch.

Still I'm considering samsung fold 5 for a change. Any feedback on the change and also is it good to wait for Fold 6??

Abhi5467

TF Premier
Samsung will be launching Fold 6 rumoured in July this year. Wait for it. It's a completely new experience. Given that you are in iOS ecosystem, having Samsung amidst it isn't seamless though. But do note, longevity is a issue as the screen can brick due to damage anyday and isn't repairable or covered by Samsung. You have to take precautions to not damage inner film of display and keep it dust free. And Samsung doesn't hold much value as iPhones in second hand market. Price will be halved in 2 years. The display is mesmerizing and camera is on par with iPhones except for video. I've tried it from a friend and it's too good. Samsung gives pretty good launch offers including offers on watches and earbuds and keep HDFC card or Samsung card handy for discounts. At launch, you can get 512 GB model at price of 256GB. It's sorted with Android updates too upto 5 years.

keerthirahul123

TF Buzz
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Samsung will be launching Fold 6 rumoured in July this year. Wait for it. It's a completely new experience. Given that you are in iOS ecosystem, having Samsung amidst it isn't seamless though. But do note, longevity is an issue as the screen can brick due to damage anyday and isn't repairable or covered by Samsung. You have to take precautions to not damage inner film of display and keep it dust free. And Samsung doesn't hold much value as iPhones in second hand market. Price will be halved in 2 years. The display is mesmerizing and camera is on par with iPhones except for video. I've tried it from a friend and it's too good. Samsung gives pretty good launch offers including offers on watches and earbuds and keep HDFC card or Samsung card handy for discounts. At launch, you can get 512 GB model at price of 256GB. It's sorted with Android updates too upto 5 years.
Thank you for your suggestion.