• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestion for a Secondary savings account only for UPI purposes on a Non aadhar linked number.

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Can someone suggest me a pure 0 balance account as I need it only for UPI purpose that too on a secondary number (Aadhar Not Linked)
Physical Banks preferred.

The primary reason for this is to have GPay and Other UPI apps available on the secondary number which I have only for office use so as to recieve and send money with office colleague's as I am not comfortable sharing personal number with them.

Exclude this options as I already have 0 balance accounts in these with primary number.
1. Airtel PB
2. Jio PB
3. Kotak 811
4. AU SFB Digital
5. Bob B3

I was thinking to open a Student Account in AU as it is a 0 balance account.
But not sure if AU will allow multiple accounts.

All suggestions are welcome.

Can someone suggest me a pure 0 balance account as I need it only for UPI purpose that too on a secondary number (Aadhar Not Linked)

The primary reason for this is to have GPay and Other UPI apps available on the secondary number which I have only for office use so as to recieve and send money with office colleague's as I am not comfortable sharing personal number with them.

Exclude this options as I already have 0 balance accounts in these with primary number.
1. Airtel PB
2. Jio PB
3. Kotak 811
4. AU SFB Digital
5. Bob B3

Indusind Select account with 50K IF get the Visa Signature Card and then downgrade the account or Indie 0 balance account

Is there any bank that can open an account without an Aadhaar card? I'm sure you have to link your Aadhaar number with your secondary number, as banks usually ask for your Aadhaar card while opening an account.

The bank system automatically fetches the phone number from your Aadhaar card and fills it in. Also, you can give them your UPI ID instead of a phone number.

You can also create a custom UPI ID using the BHIM app. If your colleagues ask for your number to send money, you can just tell them to send the money to your UPI ID instead.

However, SBI is also a good option.

This account can't be opened by visiting branch. It is only available if your college/institute invites AU Bank to campus to open accounts in bulk.

AU and Kotak are only good 0 bal accounts. Why not change number on any of these accounts?
IMG_20240707_150244.webp

Got this response from AU when enquired about student account.

These guys are so dumb that I twice mailed only asking if I can open a student account if already holding another savings account.

Instead of a Yes or No these bustards are replying with this eloborated shit.

1. Airtel PB
2. Jio PB
3. Kotak 811
4. AU SFB Digital
5. Bob B3

AU Bank you can go blindly.

Is there any bank that can open an account without an Aadhaar card? I'm sure you have to link your Aadhaar number with your secondary number, as banks usually ask for your Aadhaar card while opening an account.
No issue for account opening purposes, I'll open the account with primary number (aadhar linked) and change it to secondary number afterwards.
You can also create a custom UPI ID using the BHIM app. If your colleagues ask for your number to send money, you can just tell them to send the money to your UPI ID instead.
I already have multiple custom UPI IDs but almost everyone uses GPay these days and they directly search for my name which doesn't appear in the app as the number shared with them (secondary number) isn't registered on GPay yet 😂😂

Everytime telling the UPI ID is troublesome.
Also if I get a account on secondary I'll also set it as UPI number so no platform centric issues thereafter.

P

The bank system automatically fetches the phone number from your Aadhaar card and fills it in. Also, you can give them your UPI ID instead of a phone number.

However, SBI is also a good option.
Passport, Voter ID Card, DL, etc. all these are also OVD other than Aadhar Card and can be used to open account.

All banks are supposed to open the bank account as per RBI with any official valid documents along with PAN Card, if getting opened for Major.

Physically it can be opened through filling form and giving supporting documents. But in online mode usually they ask for Aadhar Number.

Last edited:
Can I open Au bank zero balance individual current account offline?
I visited offline branch but they are asking for business documents then I said I want to open individual current account. Still they denied.

Can't open au current account online because I have already savings digital account and you can open only one account online.

Can I open Au bank zero balance individual current account offline?
I visited offline branch but they are asking for business documents then I said I want to open individual current account. Still they denied.

Can't open au current account online because I have already savings digital account and you can open only one account online.
Can I open any other savings account offering if I am already holding an account??

Back