• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestion required: Best CC combination to spend 10 lakhs in a month for maximum benefit

IcyFrag

TF Buzz
I need to spend around 10 lakhs in jewellery and marriage shopping in the next month. What is the best credit card option I can achieve this spend? The spend majorly is on tanishq offline stores.

Current credit card portfolio:
1. HDFC DCB PVC - 6.79 L (LTF)
2. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity - 6.79 L
3. Axis Atlas - 5.5 L
4. Axis Ace - 5.5 L
5. SBI Cashback - 2.5 L (LTF)
6. Amex Plat travel - 7.2 L ( 4L milestone already achieved)
7. IDFC wealth - 6 L (LTF)
8. ICICI Sapphiro - 8.5 (LTF)

Option 1:
1. Spend 6 lakhs on tata infinity for 5% return
2. Rest on DCB for 3.3% since HDFC statement cycles are not synchronised and will achieve 8L yearly milestone benefit as well

Option 2:
1.Spend 6 lakhs on tata infinity for 5% retur
2. Ask my family member to apply for plat travel card and spend 4 lakh over there

Any other option you guys suggest? I'm open to applying for any other credit card as well which will provide higher return than the combinations mentioned above.

Solution
I need to spend around 10 lakhs in jewellery and marriage shopping in the next month. What is the best credit card option I can achieve this spend? The spend majorly is on tanishq offline stores.

3. Axis Atlas - 5.5 L
4. Axis Ace - 5.5 L

Option 1:
2. Rest on DCB for 3.3% since HDFC statement cycles are not synchronised and will achieve 8L yearly milestone benefit as well

Option 2:
2. Ask my family...

3. Axis Atlas - 5.5 L
4. Axis Ace - 5.5 L

Option 1:

Option 2:
2. Ask my family member to apply for plat travel card and spend 4 lakh over there

Any other option you guys suggest? I'm open to applying for any other credit card as well which will provide higher return than the combinations mentioned above.
When you are okay and ready to open Amex Plat travel on your family member, that's the better option you can do.

- Use your referral and get FYF card and both get MR Points.
- 8L (2 Amex Plat travel cards can be used for 2*4L milestones), you get 8000MR + 40000 MR (Milestone) + 10K Taj voucher each which contributes to 96000 MR points + 20K Taj Voucher and joining bonus.

Solution
When you are okay and ready to open Amex Plat travel on your family member, that's the better option you can do.

- Use your referral and get FYF card and both get MR Points.
- 8L (2 Amex Plat travel cards can be used for 2*4L milestones), you get 8000MR + 40000 MR (Milestone) + 10K Taj voucher each which contributes to 96000 MR points + 20K Taj Voucher and joining bonus.
Thank your for your suggestion. Since I have already spent 4 lakhs on my plat travel this year, family member plat travel and neu Infinity combination sounds better.

I think you have the right options... go with option 2. Ask family member to use your referral. The only downside here is that Amex won't transfer MR points to your Marriott account due to name mismatch. It will have to be under family member's name only. If using Mr points for Apay or Taj, then no issues

Do not use any of Axis, ICICI and SBI cards for this purchase

I think you have the right options... go with option 2. Ask family member to use your referral. The only downside here is that Amex won't transfer MR points to your Marriott account due to name mismatch. It will have to be under family member's name only. If using Mr points for Apay or Taj, then no issues

You can transfer to any MB account and book MB properties from his account. Later on drop a mail to respective MB property that your friend or family member coming on your behalf, they will accept on my experience. I have tried it with

- Le Meridien Chennai
- ITC Kakatiya, Hyderabad
- Westin Velachery Chennai
- Le Meriden Hyderabad

Yes don't consider Axis as Jewelery MCC is excluded.

You can transfer to any MB account and book MB properties from his account. Later on drop a mail to respective MB property that your friend or family member coming on your behalf, they will accept on my experience. I have tried it with

- Le Meridien Chennai
- ITC Kakatiya, Hyderabad
- Westin Velachery Chennai
- Le Meriden Hyderabad
Yes.. this is an option, however there is a little bit of inconvenience when points required for booking are either little short or little excess than 48K points accumulated or if you want to book 5 nights which may require more points etc. Accumulation in one account is always easier for long run

Yes.. this is an option, however there is a little bit of inconvenience when points required for booking are either little short or little excess than 48K points accumulated or if you want to book 5 nights which may require more points etc. Accumulation in one account is always easier for long run
Yes long stays are a problem, but let me tell you on my personal experience. I have stayed only twice or thrice for 4N in a single property and I feel bored all the time. From then I don't stay beyond 3N in a single property. If I had to stay more than 3N in a single city or area I will try to explore others nearby even on packing things and all. That's my personal experience and choice of course.

Back