• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Super urgent - send 10k to someone else i don't know who is he though

You have to immediately inform your bank as well as raise a complain to NPCI first and foremost.

After this, you can contact person on personal behalf, if he returns you somehow. One incident happened with me long back in 2022 with ICICI. They refunded after some follow up while giving NPCI complain no along with proof.
i paid via mobikwik i load via amex and then paid to the wrong person somehow. s

About a year ago soneone mistakingly sent 40k to my sister's HDFC A/c,
Then they called her to return the amount,
Fearing it's a scam of some sort I just told them contact their bank while i did the same for my sis,
it took around 3 months but the amount was eventually deducted from her account, I'm assuming it went back to the rightfull owner in the meantime, since they never contacted her again

Also contact Mobikwik customer support as well

About a year ago soneone mistakingly sent 40k to my sister's HDFC A/c,
Then they called her to return the amount,
Fearing it's a scam of some sort I just told them contact their bank while i did the same for my sis,
it took around 3 months but the amount was eventually deducted from her account, I'm assuming it went back to the rightfull owner in the meantime, since they never contacted her again

Also contact Mobikwik customer support as well
Yeah before I knew who he was whenever we send through MobiKwik a link is there so I had send email to fraud support already in case I couldn’t find the guy but now 🤞 hopefully he would give me the cash on Monday evening and there is no delay.

Yeah before I knew who he was whenever we send through MobiKwik a link is there so I had send email to fraud support already in case I couldn’t find the guy but now 🤞 hopefully he would give me the cash on Monday evening and there is no delay.
Similar problem happened with us.
By mistake 10k was sent to a different person. Fat finger typo.
That person happened to be a very very very distant relative of ours.
We asked Bank, they said they can't do much without FIR. Our family is a good family, so they don't want to give a complaint on our relative.
And now it's been four months. Every few days we call her and beg her for our money. She tells she will definitely give the money back and asks for a few more days time and tells us a new story every time, for free hopefully.

Free advice: it ain't over until you get the last rupee in your hand.

Probably he will give you money and mobikwik will refund you after few months😁. Ultimately he may be at a loss

We asked Bank, they said they can't do much without FIR. Our family is a good family, so they don't want to give a complaint on our relative.
And now it's been four months. Every few days we call her and beg her for our money. She tells she will definitely give the money back and asks for a few more days time and tells us a new story every time, for free hopefully.

It's more complicated when it comes to family 😅

Oh shit… now the thing is I went twice to him to ask for refund/send back to me and he said same thing again and again I was like IMPS he is like no pin cause no debit card so I’m like this what I get being stupid 🤦 so I have seen for a year or two and he have like stuff in his shop so I asked for his number and he said come on Monday evening.. so anything can happen now.. I feel stupid for sure but let see worst thing I won’t be comfortable till Monday evening even though I have raised the complain it would take couple of month to resolve so let hope the best for my situation.

Can you please explain how this mistake happened for the benefit of others.
Did you mistype the upi id or phone number?
I paid via MobiKwik in used first on my iPhone but sms thing need to verify so switched to android and so I scan the gpay I wanted to see too but somehow my finger selected below user who I have send.. then I was like enter 10k and send without checking cause I was like it must have picked the right QR Code and then I didn’t knew I did a mistake. I asked the party I have send and wa about to leave from office she like not received so I was like not possible check again and then I was like huh let me check and then shock to my core someone else name was there I panicked 😱 so hard I’m like well done you stupid in the name of cc reward on plat you made a mistake. I normally send 1rs/50 rs then the large amount

Oh shit… now the thing is I went twice to him to ask for refund/send back to me and he said same thing again and again I was like IMPS he is like no pin cause no debit card so I’m like this what I get being stupid 🤦 so I have seen for a year or two and he have like stuff in his shop so I asked for his number and he said come on Monday evening.. so anything can happen now.. I feel stupid for sure but let see worst thing I won’t be comfortable till Monday evening even though I have raised the complain it would take couple of month to resolve so let hope the best for my situation.
If you know the guy physically, don't worry too much about it, he runs an honourable busniess, wouldn't want to mess with his customer base

I paid via MobiKwik in used first on my iPhone but sms thing need to verify so switched to android and so I scan the gpay I wanted to see too but somehow my finger selected below user who I have send.. then I was like enter 10k and send without checking cause I was like it must have picked the right QR Code and then I didn’t knew I did a mistake. I asked the party I have send and wa about to leave from office she like not received so I was like not possible check again and then I was like huh let me check and then shock to my core someone else name was there I panicked 😱 so hard I’m like well done you stupid in the name of cc reward on plat you made a mistake. I normally send 1rs/50 rs then the large amount
Didn’t understand completely, but got some idea. Thanks

Back