• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tap and Pay suddenly stopped working

ontherocks

TF Premier
So I was using the Visa Tap to Pay Offer on my "Inactive Cards", i.e. never used contactless transactions before. After two Tap to Pay transactions, the Tap to Pay doesn't work on three of my cards. Touching the POS machine with the cards does nothing. I have tried different POS machines with different merchants. I have tried disabling and enabling contactless transactions and tried modifying the contactless transaction limits. Nothing helped. Customer care says that chip is damaged and insists that I put in a request for a new card.
How can the chip get damaged suddenly?

If possible, post card image (hiding details) showing its alignment .

Physical damage can be figured out then

Since rest all possible ways u hv already tried, look up for physical damage if any !
Or u may contact nodal for freee replacement 😉

Same thing happened with my HSBC credit card. After two transactions, it stopped working for third transaction. Strange.

Just tried today for the first time with tap n pay with my axis myzone cc and it did nothing. No response in machine no decline msg from bank just literally nothing. So I guess this is a physical failure. Also upon contacting with customer care they said replacement is free. But I will proceed with digital tap n pay via gpay.

I did my third tap and pay transaction on one of my visa debit card yesterday. It went fine in one go...

Back