• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu coins calculation

card_wizard

TF Select
Hey guys my first statement for Tata neu infinity got generated and I think the coins the less than what I expected. From what I know is for every transaction greater than 35 we get 1.5% NEU coins. so If I am making a UPI transaction of 100RS then I should get 1.5RS , Let me know if I am wrong
1697265755222.png

1697265804998.png
1697265838449.png

Hey guys my first statement for Tata neu infinity got generated and I think the coins the less than what I expected. From what I know is for every transaction greater than 35 we get 1.5% NEU coins. so If I am making a UPI transaction of 100RS then I should get 1.5RS , Let me know if I am wrong
View attachment 32222

View attachment 32223
View attachment 32224
i guess for every transaction above 50 you get coins
also fuel utilities isnt included if i am not wrong

That's why I keep saying this card is not worth having because you have to fight/ follow up for just 1.5% new coins, a really petty amount, which is a total waste of time
Only reason I feel this card is worth having is rewards on Tata Neu app. Else it's a bonkers card for UPI transactions because the of the time one will spend calculating 0.03 neu coins. Honestly, HDFC has some of shittiest services in terms of rewards and credit card services. (Alongside Axis and SBI)

I think they are adding coins in subsequent month. I recieved less coins in first month but next month I recieved more than what I expected. As it came as bonus coins as whole I couldn't get for which transaction I got coins
Yes you are right, I had a call with my RM and he told the coins are calculated monthly and any remaining transaction which is in next month will be credited next month.

Here's an example
transaction 1- october 1
transaction 2-october 15
transaction 3-october 30
transaction 4- november 5
Statement gets generated on november 15
now for this statement they will calculate neu coins like this (transaction1+transaction2+transaction3)*.015
Neu coins for transaction4 will be credited next month

Same for me. Not even 1 coin for any UPI merchant transactions< from small provisions stores to large super markets> Expecting 1.5 % return moved all my spendings to this card from Regalia and Bob Rupay Premier. Will see next month.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 12-39-42 10 2023 Tata Neu.PDF.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 12-39-42 10 2023 Tata Neu.PDF.pdf.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 12-39-07 10 2023 Tata Neu.PDF.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 12-39-07 10 2023 Tata Neu.PDF.pdf.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 29
That's because MedPlus MCC is grocery. HDFC calculates grocery transactions seperately. There is a cap of 2000 points under grocery head( for infinia)
This is a problem with Neu cards. Lots of complaints of no coins being credited.

No problem with Infinia, which is the best card of HDFC and the only one worth having

This is a problem with Neu cards. Lots of complaints of no coins being credited.

No problem with Infinia, which is the best card of HDFC and the only one worth having

Medplus stores billing shown as Medplus in statement and points added for each transaction

Online Medplus billing shows as Optival Health solutions in statement, which was registered under grocery MCC. As already mentioned abobe HDFC reward point calculation for grocery transactions is done separately. This for all HDFC cards. This is done to prevent abuse of personal credit cards.

Now a days all banks are doing this. AXIS and IDFC being most aggressive in this respect

For me, the biggest benefit of Credit card UPI transactions is "clean bank account statement with fewer transactions"

Back