• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tempted to apply for 2nd AmEx card (1st is mrcc FYF got in nov 27th 2022 under referral scheme)

What are the chances of approval (in terms of duration)for a second Amex (Gold, in this case), and can I apply for one? I'm creating this thread because I'm confused by conflicting information on Twitter. In November, I saw multiple posts about people successfully applying for a second Amex within a short period of time, but now I'm not sure if this is still possible. If you have applied for a second Amex during the FYF and received the card, please let me know. I'm considering applying because my MRCC limit of 1.5 lakhs is almost reached, and the FYF offer for the gold card is ending on March 31, 2023. I plan to cancel the gold card after 11 months, but I'm tempted to get another Amex. However, I'm not sure if the Gold card is as good as the MRCC since I only remember the 1000 x 6 benefit and there's no fee reversal.

Last edited:
What are the chances of approval (in terms of duration)for a second Amex (Gold, in this case), and can I apply for one? I'm creating this thread because I'm confused by conflicting information on Twitter. In November, I saw multiple posts about people successfully applying for a second Amex within a short period of time, but now I'm not sure if this is still possible. If you have applied for a second Amex during the FYF and received the card, please let me know. I'm considering applying because my MRCC limit of 1.5 lakhs is almost reached, and the FYF offer for the gold card is ending on March 31, 2023. I plan to cancel the gold card after 11 months, but I'm tempted to get another Amex. However, I'm not sure if the Gold card is as good as the MRCC since I only remember the 1.5x4 benefit and there's no fee reversal.
I got MRCC in Sept 2022, Gold Charge in Oct 2022, and then Amex Plat in Jan 2023 - no VKYC or any verification.

Called CC for LE on MRCC (6 months completed) and they increased it by a lac :)

I got MRCC in Sept 2022, Gold Charge in Oct 2022, and then Amex Plat in Jan 2023 - no VKYC or any verification.

Called CC for LE on MRCC (6 months completed) and they increased it by a lac :)
so for referral did you use yourself for 2nd/3rd i know it seem not possible but doesn't hurt to ask. and limit were the same, amex don't do combined limit so all have separate limit right.

Back